dcs 5000

billpierce

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah checked the gap its cock on. thanks

new coil £115 from makita!

thats a good price there are coils on ebay that are double and triple that price

just put dolmar part number 181 143 204 in google search

this coil was used in lots of makitas and some dolmars around 46cc to 50cc its a red coil

around mar 2010 some models where upgraded to a black coil part number

181 143 205 from an orignal makita parts lists :thumbup::thumbup:

thats a good price there are coils on ebay that are double and triple that price

just put dolmar part number 181 143 204 in google search

this coil was used in lots of makitas and some dolmars around 46cc to 50cc its a red coil

around mar 2010 some models where upgraded to a black coil part number

181 143 205 from an orignal makita parts lists :thumbup::thumbup:

would either fit or do i need to stick to the red? guess that means you won't be able to get one any cheaper then?

thanks

bill

• 3 weeks later...

right then here is an interesting one. got a another coil from a spares repair dcs5000. it arrived, i check spark in machine, good strong spark, fit to dcs5000 with faulty coil and great it works good spark in saw that wasn't sparking, its late at night so i fire it up but don't really razz it, thought that'll wait until the morning.

in morning no spark, wierd? take starter coil off and check distances, about a busniness card from fly wheel. more fiddling and weak spark, little fire on full choke, then back to no spark.

fit coil back to spares repair saw where it worked when i first tested coil, no spark, then a little one then nothing.

am i missing something? i have obviously checked the kill switch wire and ht wire for wear etc. should i never try and fix a saw again as i seem doomed to perpetually waste money?

has the flywheel somehow broken the 2nd coil? WTF!

• 1 month later...

thanks to everybody who offered their advice! got a new coil through from germany today (handwerkermarkt24 on ebay.de) for 75euro in delivery instead of £115 plus vat and delivery (makita uk). fitted and away we go. saw seem fine and has cut logs for 1/2 an hour. will give it a run tomorrow.

so looks like the limiter on both the coils i had were dodgey thus an intermitent but mostly no spark on the old coil and new spares repair one i bought.

thanks again for all the help!