New 365 Lasted 10 Mins...

moorhead

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the advice about not using decomp extend to all machinery?

All chainsaws?

Or just these chainsaws you're talking of?

From what I have heard/read on here it seems to be only the newer Xtorque 372 and 365 but I could be wrong . all the saws I have the de comp works fine .

Do you chaps ever warm up your saw engines by letting them tick over before reving them from a cold start? I normally give mine inbetween 10 - 20 seconds from cold.

Yea I blip the throttle once or twice but thats all . A bloke I used to work with used to do it continually though , used to drive me bonkers ! :biggrin:

You like a saw dont you stubby!! .. I must admit I'm a bit of a stickler when it comes to warming up engines, wont rev the truck in the morning until its had 2 minutes of warming up first, 5 minites for the county where I am greasing it as it warms up, this formula has served me well.

Do you chaps ever warm up your saw engines by letting them tick over before reving them from a cold start? I normally give mine inbetween 10 - 20 seconds from cold.

My saws start up on fast idle sort of negating anything else and they tick over at 2,500 rpm. I blip the throttle to clear their throat and then go for it.

Does the advice about not using decomp extend to all machinery?

All chainsaws?

Or just these chainsaws you're talking of?

I generally say all machines, having fixed saws where the decomp has failed, it generally ruins the cylinder past recovery. Although if you need it on the other machines (brushcutters) then that machine is too big for you!

I use the wussy button on 2 saws, the 385xp (because the starter has broke and I'm not buying a new one) and the 090 (because I was cheap and didn't use a gasket, and wanted more power) ;) I did try a decomp on my 051 but it killed it...

Hmm. I'm happy to not use the decomp cos there's no need to and esp now if you say that using it will encourage it to leak which might lead to engine failure and thankyou for that advice.

But.

If the decomp was fitted 'at the drawing board' and the pull-start mech was designed around the need for the correspondingly reduced torque required to turn the engine over - will I not now be straining the start mech by not using the decomp?

Yours

Conflicted

ETA when I said other machines I was really thinking of a 500 single motorbike engine :)

Hmm.

ETA when I said other machines I was really thinking of a 500 single motorbike engine :)

I had a manual advance and retartd on my 700cc Royal Enfield twin . Used to retard the ignition to kick it over and as soon as it fired push it back to the stop . Had a valve lifter on an old Panther I seem to remember .

• 2 weeks later...