was the arb show any good this year

hazzygawa

was the arb show any good this year  

37 members have voted

1. 1. was the arb show any good this year

nice enough little show, but have to agree with john and andy, i wont bother again because of the travelling to and from the show to digs, pubs, restaurants etc. meeting some familiar faces and new was excellent, but didnt get a chance to chat to folk properly because everyone was on such a tight schedule to get to and from. jonesie and other exhibitors were all very welcoming and all round good guys. reg(rco) deserves a medal for standing around for 2 days explaining his gizmos, all very impressive and generated alot of interest even from cut n chuckers like me and huck. totally knackered but had a great weekend. surely there are some fields beside a travelodge somewhere in the country. but i am sure jonesie will have all this sorted out for us in 2 months time.:001_tt1:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im with john and andy on this one , i drove up from cornwall yesterday , i didnt go to any of the workshops such as the AAAC aplication workshop because i only had a limited amount of time , next year a wanna camp up there and have plenty of time . also i keep reading that alot of people never got time to meet up with each other from AT so why not next year can we not get a stand sorted maybe reight next to jonesie's ??? or an AT camping area ???

As the trade was soo busy on the 1st day, I was present outside Jonesies to meet and greet as many as poss under the brand new AT banner, as I met you Dave, and tried to point out as many members as available so's people could meet each other. Not the best way, but seemed to work. Perhaps we can sort something with the AA next time. Should be easier at Jonesies bash, so come along.

Just to clarify, Jonesie allows us to meet up there when convenient, but with people queueing up 6 deep on the friday, and thronging around meant it wasnt so easy this time. The cost to have a pitch specifically for AT to meet at would be astronomical. So most of us managed to meet at the bar. AT relies on the small amount of revenue raised from banner ads etc, which keeps the site running, the pot isnt deep enough (yet) for extras. perhaps we could get a wealthy sponsor to help us out.

i meant a propper effort josharb i met andy who then pointed out some of you chaps to me but how about advretising AT more and getting more guys from the trade on here ???

I think WE are the ones who need to make the effort, in these modern times of mobile phones it ain't hard. (although mine went on the blink)

Just PM the people you wish too met before the show and get their numbers :001_smile: simples