AA approval . is it worth it ??

is the AA approved contractors scheme worth it  

35 members have voted

1. 1. is the AA approved contractors scheme worth it

• yes well worth it
    • no not worth it
    • sitting on the fence
    • would do it if i didnt have to jump through several faming hoops along the way

Yes it is a little depressing when you bust a gut and go the extra mile, but they are oblivious, but at least we sleep well in our beds :001_smile:

and your 50 feet off the ground 10 mins away from complete and a cuppa turns up and the ground staff demolish your share after running you ragged

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and your 50 feet off the ground 10 mins away from complete and a cuppa turns up and the ground staff demolish your share after running you ragged

that is lower than low, thats why i work for myself. i remember being up a tree for about 5 hrs, summers night gasping and i saw the 2 groundies going into my bag and drinking the last of my juice and finishing my pieces. thats after they had chips while i was still up tree.:mad1:

but in reality its he who charges the least , does what ever the client asks even at all cots to the tree winns , it really pi sses me right off , how can a bloke with a nisan cabstar just about got his basic climbing and some ropey saws oh and no chipper be allowed to compete on works for housing associations etc , just goes to show its not what you know or how well you do the job it more a case of csn you do it for 50% less than the reall arborists if so you have got it .

sorry , my own post has got me up on the soap box again lol

Unless you get approved and get to quote for all those jobs that just go to aaac's.

that is lower than low, thats why i work for myself. i remember being up a tree for about 5 hrs, summers night gasping and i saw the 2 groundies going into my bag and drinking the last of my juice and finishing my pieces. thats after they had chips while i was still up tree.:mad1:

the p 45 would have had a mention for that one ..

verry true gibbon , will be calling the aa on friday while the groundies clear up one hell of a mess that i will be making tomorrow ha ha how much do the aa tend to look into the office side of things and your yard ??

They look at everything, then finish the day with the cough test.

I discussed this the other day apparently it can be specified contractors are AAAC's in order to be considered :thumbdown:

Are these poll figures based on experience or peoples opinions?....

Where's Yorkshireman when you need him, he knows all the bumpf about this.:thumbup1:

It all depends on whether its public money or not ( I think) you cant sort of say if your not in this club you cant come in. Private business or domestic can do whatever they want.

My take on things with the AA is that they can say on this particular day this particular company they met all the standards that we set. Apart from doing random checks there isnt much more else they can do IMO.

You could get the same approval from Mrs Miggins down the road but does anyone care about her either? :001_smile:

Up to now I have never been asked if I am a AAAC, but then again those who want AAAC's may only seek them out.

Anyway I think I will join the AA so I can stick a little AA member sign on my truck and advert, might help :001_smile: