• Worth being a member
    • Not worth being a member

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also a professional member. Pass a HNC, and they give them out, upon reciept of hard earned cash, it doesnt mean a great deal, except to big up your ego, especialy if your a consultant and collect letters after your name. I still dont see where the value is??

Well if you can't see the value, why are you still a member? Seem like you've made your mind up to me. What's the point of this poll?

Prob because the company pay for it, and it WILL NOT be getting renewed. The point of this is to see how many people think the same!

And I don't have a problem with that, now that we all know where you're coming from.

Your original post was phrased in a different way that implied you hadn't decided yourself.

Of course - I'm expecting positive / constructive comments only. I don't want this turning into an "AA-bashing" thread. It serves no-one and doesn't do the forum any favours.

Is the Arb Association actualy worth paying to join? what exactly do they do for their money? does it realy make a difference being a AA approved contractor?

do you mean being an aa approved contractor or i take it you can just join as a member. if so i am neither, didnt realise you could do the latter, if you can. what do you get out of it, i am now intrigued. i am a sucker for a T shirt:001_smile:

Used to be a member. would not join again in near future. Arb journal was only of real use for researchers and consultants. Would soon send the average arborist to sleep within about 30 seconds. Furthermore, after not renewing my subscription, they kept sending me reading material for months to come; and tried to invoice me for them. These comments come from someone who did an arb HND and used those very same journals for research in the early/mid 90's

AA, probably, great for students, consultants and those eager enough to become AA approved, but not for me at the moment. To be honest, I prefer to read these forums. A lot more use to the average arborist