MS192 Exhaust Mod

18 stoner

tbh noise is my biggest gripe

saws are too noisy to start with and my hearing is too important

also once ported they use more fuel than the next up saw with equivalent power.

True a ported saw is lighter than the next up saw

but where do you stand with legislation and puwer and noise levels for public and havs and ppe and allsorts

and other than ms200t i run husq which already rev higher so no real need

and if your honest it is mainly stihls that get ported

So have opened up myself for a thrashing or would you like me to carry on:sneaky2::thumbdown:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries Bob, some interesting points.

I guess the main reason i like the idea(even though i only have 2 ported saws) is the extra power from a smaller saw, particularly in the tree to combat fatigue.

I wonder if, (as far as risk assessment goes) reduced fatigue from using a smaller saw outweighs the points you raise though Bob?

OK then, i guess you can shoot me down now:001_rolleyes:

No worries Bob, some interesting points.

I guess the main reason i like the idea(even though i only have 2 ported saws) is the extra power from a smaller saw, particularly in the tree to combat fatigue.

I wonder if, (as far as risk assessment goes) reduced fatigue from using a smaller saw outweighs the points you raise though Bob?

OK then, i guess you can shoot me down now:001_rolleyes:

i dont think fatigue would be enough tbh

as probably 99% manage well enough

maybe go to the gym and change your name would cut down on fat igue:blushing:

But i will say i usually up a sprocket size

so am i wrong and double standards:confused1:

They get louder but they aren't that bad if you wear ear plugs .

I can't speak for a 192 because I've never even seen one .

I have a MS 200t that I ported ,not just a polish job and it will scoot .

Fact is on 8" cants it made the two cuts in a bit over 11 seconds where as the stock ones were at around 15 .

Another,an 038 mag made 3 cuts in 10" cants faster than both a Stihl 066 plus a Huskey 2100 .However modified saws are not everbodies cup of tea,so to speak . You either like them or you do not .

i dont think fatigue would be enough tbh

as probably 99% manage well enough

maybe go to the gym and change your name would cut down on fat igue:blushing:

But i will say i usually up a sprocket size

so am i wrong and double standards:confused1:

Trouble is Bob, i dont believe most people are managing well, going by how many threads there are on here about different aches and pains people get and what pain killers and suppliments to take.

Recently i have been suffering from tennis elbow and it seems many other people do also. A lighter saw must be a better option for this alone?

Oh, and changing sprocket size, ie chain speed, is that not altering the manufacturers spec also?:sneaky2:

Go on Bob, I'm ready...........................

Yup- barks like a doberman now......

K

Nice one Khriss, do you think its nearer the power of a 200 now?

They get louder but they aren't that bad if you wear ear plugs .

I can't speak for a 192 because I've never even seen one .

I have a MS 200t that I ported ,not just a polish job and it will scoot .

Fact is on 8" cants it made the two cuts in a bit over 11 seconds where as the stock ones were at around 15 .

Another,an 038 mag made 3 cuts in 10" cants faster than both a Stihl 066 plus a Huskey 2100 .However modified saws are not everbodies cup of tea,so to speak . You either like them or you do not .

Al, that Magnum sounds a beast! Is the 038 around 60-63cc stock next to the 660 at 93cc?

038 was the predecessor of the 044 / 440 Pete' date=' about 68cc.[/quote'] 038 Av was 61 cc,038 super around 68 and the mag was 72 cc . The mag was most likely one of Stihls best endeavers . Fact is I know of several that have survived after 20 years of service for tree companys .That speaks volumes .

Back to the subject .The little 192's never became the choice of trim saws in these parts . The 020T and 200T were and are the ones most used .

You don't really need to soup them up but more times than not the muffler screens get removed and that is enough to get a little bit more go power out of them enough to satisfy 90 percent of the users .

Only a few eccentric gear head types such as myself even think of porting the little gems .