wireless boosters

Johny Walker

is there a gadget for boosting you wireless signal having a few probs any ideas :confused1:

just buy the ethernet adapters, plug one into your hub then into a wall socket and likewise where you are using the computer. wireless is crap. especially hte old bt hubs like mine:thumbdown:they were 50 quid johny

Do you need wireless for a laptop or something or is it just convenient to have the router in a different place to the computer?

I run the router signal through the earth system of the house then pick it up in the office. I've not bodged this, its a gadget you can get from pc world that does it, it works really well. Like a wired in system without the wires.

The basic set comes with two mains sockets one for internet in and one for out. For extra terminals around the house you would need addidtional "out" sockets although they are both the same! And of course the wireless signal would still continue to be usable in the areas where it was workign ok before.

Just a thought!

Turning it off every now and then seems to help too. Mine won't just continue working, it gets worse over a few days then I turn it off for half and (computer and router) and let it power up and reconect itself in its own time, seems ot work ok.