Cracked ribs?

yorkshire pudding

Had a little whoopsie Sat night.

My mate came across from yorkshire as i'd not seen him for a while,we decided we'd pedal to a pub i like, drink some beer that i like even more add pedal back.The pub and back is all on a nice out of the way cycle path, not a car to be sen on this one.Sound as.

Unfortunatley(on the way home of course!) i took a tumble at the 1st barrier and hit it hard with my ribs, got home in pain, no sleep that night, casualty next day as soon as i thought it'd be quiet with all the drunks sent home.

No x-ray's anymore as it's all the same treatment if they're broke or not.So was sent on my merry way with painkillers and told not to do any work for at least three weeks.No probs but gone self employed as of last week:sneaky2:

Only had one day at this sitting at home malarky and am seriously bored already.

Any of you out there broke a rib?how long am i realisticaly looking at before i can get back up a tree?Need to get some money made again.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i cracked a rib beginning of april. the pain didnt really set in for about 3 days, then it got progessively worse of the following 2 weeks. i had a number of jobs booked in that i really didnt want to cancel so did them anyway. it is do-able, just painful and you have to think a bit more about how you approach things. i wasnt told not to work when i was at the hospital...in fact the advice sheet they gave me told me to remain as active as possible.

Ive done a couple of ribs, Many moons ago now but it was really uncomfortable for about 2 weeks, Then progressively got easier, See how you get on mate, Ease yourself into a small job to start with and see how it goes over the coming couple of weeks!

took a swing into a peg (lesson learnt) went to hospital next day just to stop my then girlfriend giving me ear-ache, 3 hours out of hospital with 3 cracked ribs, was back climbing, admitidly slowly and like a robot! just take it steady, most of the pain went after about a week, but had twinges for a month when twisting in the harness or lifting

Was knocked from my old Kawasaki Z1000 some years ago,did a somersalt over the bars,landed in midle of the road.Back of the wagons bumper bars just missed my foot by inches. Went straight back to work after having 2 days rest.

Back was not right for a long time. Had physio and she clicked me back into place, sorted out the muscle that had been overcompensating for the other one's.

Felt great compared to how i'd been feeling for age's.

It's stuff like that, that makes me ask others before charging straight back in thinking i'm bullitproof.Spent a long time in discomfort before realising what i'd done.

Got to keep reminding yourself it's not a sprint but a race.(God i sound like an old fart:biggrin:)

Had a little whoopsie Sat night.

My mate came across from yorkshire as i'd not seen him for a while,we decided we'd pedal to a pub i like, drink some beer that i like even more add pedal back.The pub and back is all on a nice out of the way cycle path, not a car to be sen on this one.Sound as.

Unfortunatley(on the way home of course!) i took a tumble at the 1st barrier and hit it hard with my ribs, got home in pain, no sleep that night, casualty next day as soon as i thought it'd be quiet with all the drunks sent home.

No x-ray's anymore as it's all the same treatment if they're broke or not.So was sent on my merry way with painkillers and told not to do any work for at least three weeks.No probs but gone self employed as of last week:sneaky2:

Only had one day at this sitting at home malarky and am seriously bored already.

Any of you out there broke a rib?how long am i realisticaly looking at before i can get back up a tree?Need to get some money made again.

ha sorry that made me laugh not so funny though aye cracked my ribs 6 weeks ago took me three weeks before aye could climb again. aye had one day off got board and went back to work on lite duty's keep your self up and about mate and dont laugh, sneeze,cough or cry it hurts like hell. wish you well to a speedy recovery all the best :001_smile: