Huskey Troubles.

madmatt

I'm sure this post will enrage all the Huskey lovers out there but I just wanted to discuss this as I'm getting hacked off.

At work we run a dozen or so 357xpg's all of them will start fine from cold and cut happily until you turn em off. When trying to restart, almost half of them won't have it they just refuse point blank to fire! If they are left for half an hour they will start and run fine again until warm and then won't restart.

The second pain in the butt are the 372xpg's both the ones we have have similar faults to the above but take an age to warm up, they will tick over but won't rev up to cutting speed for 3-4 mins after starting.

All the saws are less than a 2 years old. are used only Oct-March. they are all sent away for service regardless of cost in September before the season starts. but we still get problems. Has anyone else suffered similar? Got any tips.

Its not just me as there are several, lads/lassies using the saws and we all moan about the problems. I'm begining to think they are tempremental saws with poor dealer back up as all have beenn back and not been rectified.

My own personal saws are all stihls, The old 066 or 88 can sit under the bench for 12 months at a time I'll drag em out, fuel em up two pulls and they are away. the above is really putting me off replacing any of my own saws with a huskey.

thoughts please folks

we have 12 357s and have never had that problem sounds like flooding or new carb kits needed

on the 372s beware the new ones have 2 settings and we presumed they were for 2 heat settings but be warned they are not 1 is for a heated carb and in small paragraph in manual they warn if used for more than 30 seconds you will cause running problems we believe this was the demise of 1 of ours but fter disconecting on all the others they have all been fine

i have a 372xp no g setting, this ran fine for a bit from new, but had a similar issue with bogging when re-started just needed the carb resetting, this was most noticable when i swapped fuels from 2stroke to aspen fuels, which sounds like what your describing with it taking a while before it revs up properly, once the carb was reset it was fine. what fuel are you using?

when you say the 357 wont fire, does it actually have a spark? if not i would seriously question the dealer about it, as something is majorly a miss like the coil.

we use husky two stroke oil.

The 357's must spark as they start from cold, its only when warm they won't start again. With the problem on 6 saws over 5 gangs it seems hard to belive we're all flooding them.

I'm begining to think a change of dealer is called for persuading the powers that be is another matter of course!

With the problem on 6 saws over 5 gangs it seems hard to belive we're all flooding them

i was not sugesting operators were flooding them if they are set up wrong they will flood all by themselves when warm

the 372's should be ok with a re-tune, think i would get the 357s looked at by another dealer.

I cant believe the EA use dirty two stroke mix, would have thought the health risks alone would have scared them into using aspen.

We do though! will see if we can go elsewhere.