ms 088

Hi i carnt start my 88 the spark plug is black with soot, and im reluctunt to spend more money having it repaired.;

any ideas?

If you`re going to throw it out, dare say i could add it to my collection for price of a few beers:001_tt1:

Another thought is check the magnetto if its all rusty Try cleaning it up with some super fine wet and dry, i have found on big saws if they dont get used much and they sit in a damp shead they get all rusty on the contacts and gaps making them run real bad. cleaned one the other day changed the plug and fuel filter and it ran great from not at all!

First thing to do is clean the Plug, reset the mixture screws to correct settings

then see if it will fire up, Do you have a spark it could be the coil

If you have a spark but it still wont start try putting a small cap full of 2 stroke mix in the plug hole put plug back in an try to start this works sometimes

once you get it running it can be set up using the fuel mix screws

new plug

fresh petrol

then see if sparks

then go down fuel and carb

if it does run get it tuned

often bigger saws don,t get used as much and the fuel does go off when mixed with 2 stroke

or if you dont want to spend money on it spend a lot of money and buy a new one

Sounds like old fuel.

I dug out my 2100 to ring up some big ash last week.

It was at a mates and hadn't been run for months.

Started with 6 pulls and ran for a few minutes and then wouldn't go at all.

Should have really put in new mix to start with, but it fired up and went, so I set off cutting.

Left it 10 mins and tipped out the fuel and refilled with fresh and it ran like a dream, no bother for two full tanks.

I was well impressed how it went against a 660 doing the same job.

Couldn't feel me fingers for a bit afterwards though! :001_tongue: