favourite 6" road tow chipper out of greenmech, timberwolf and jensen

Joe

which is your favourite road tow 6" chipper out of greenmech, timberwolf and jensen?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. which is your favourite road tow 6" chipper out of greenmech, timberwolf and jensen?

• greenmech
    • timberwolf
    • jensen

ours? premier (durham also), glendale, treewise, treeclear, bethell, tilhill, martins, I can make a comprehensive list, shall I go on? there are more large companies than you think. you might find that being more productive ALWAYS means more profitable! All buyers should try (as said earlier) every machine they can, any good dealer will give more than the normal 10 minute demo! I dont think a day or so is unreasonable, after all these are an expensive bit of kit?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 years ago, possibly, I am not pushing greenmech, try something else! there are loads out there! The people who have T/W? is that all they have had? better than brashing down? Most cars are also made to a budget, I have a 07 nissan navara, I would love a range rover sport, but the companies budget wont spread to one? you get what your budget will go to??

I took out a machine with 6"x6" rollers not so long ago, and it was just a pain in the arse! (wont say what it was - not a T/W!!!) and took it back to the yard and took out a machine with letter box rollers! I, personally, would rather sit at home, office, do maintenance that rive and chew on killing trees! same pay, less work?

Never used Jensen, so can't comment there.

Last Greenmech I hired (5 years ago) was awesome till electric fault on day 2. But we did give it some stick, and it was a hire machine.

TW 18/100G (as per avatar) is a cracking little machine for tight access/steep drives etc. TW 150- great machine, but I think the newer models have sacrificed some build quality for costs, s**t linkage etc.

As Skyhuck has said, most firms run Transits etc. 1.25T is my legal chip load. Much as I would love to have a 12" Schiesling/Bandit/Vermeer, I would be full in about 14 seconds. And I wouldn't have any logs to sell in the winter!

Sorry to be of f-all use Joe. And I didn't vote 'cos I don't know enough about 2 of the contenders to put forward a valid opinion.

Mind you, when has that stopped anyone on Arbtalk!:ohmy:

There are no machines perfect, no chippers, grinders or saws! butwe arnt talking 12" chippers, and unless you have a pile of brash waiting to be chipped it takes some time to fill a 3.5t. (I'm 40 amd been in this trade a long time!!) you store logs through the winter, so they are dry!!!!. TW 18/100G aint realy what we are talking about, thought this was forum was for tree workers, not gardeners?In your words..... TW 150- great machine, but I think the newer models have sacrificed some build quality for costs, s**t linkage etc. My case rests, as said...... loads of other machines out there!

Have I thrown insults? ...................TW 150- great machine, but I think the newer models have sacrificed some build quality for costs, s**t linkage etc. My case rests, as said...... loads of other machines out there! is what Mark said, not me!! i may say machines, but im not a hard seller! you buy what you want! I (as said at the start, am going on personal use)