Anyone used one these mills?

LeeGray

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi lee still saving up workshop rent and life to pay for but will get there I didnt have any probs finding them on the web prices about £1500 for an 18 inch and about £3500 for a 36 inch and £1800 for the trailer kit will try to find info I have and photocopy if you want

Cheers Mark

Hi lee still saving up workshop rent and life to pay for but will get there I didnt have any probs finding them on the web prices about £1500 for an 18 inch and about £3500 for a 36 inch and £1800 for the trailer kit will try to find info I have and photocopy if you want

Cheers Mark

Know that feeling mate, just working out what to sell to fund the new saw :). Got to be cheaper than fuel through the chainsaw though, so worth pushing the boat out I think. I'll try and get info from importer tonight. Cheers.

Got the prices through from importer of the hudson mills, thought I'd put them up if anyone's looking online it may help.

The prices are for the

JS018 Oscar 18 Sawmill with 6.5HP £3450 + vat

JS0H121 Oscar 121 Swamill with 6.5HP engine £2800 + vat

JS0228 Oscar 228 Sawmill with 8HP engine £4350 + vat

Blades are approx £26 for pack of 10

I maybe being naive but hoping mechanicals would be the same as most I.e. Get bearings, runners, guides etc from local industrial supply. B and s motor should be fairly easy for parts and trouble free or easy to replace. As a complete novice, are there parts on little mills that will be taking more hammer than others? Won't be putting lots through and very little would be hard wood. Mainly Douglas and larch for my own use.

Assuming the small motor and manual feed would be the indicator of working too hard so could just back feed pressure off a bit?

Thanks for the advice, assume I'm an idiot and you won't be disappointed!

I maybe being naive but hoping mechanicals would be the same as most I.e. Get bearings, runners, guides etc from local industrial supply. B and s motor should be fairly easy for parts and trouble free or easy to replace. As a complete novice, are there parts on little mills that will be taking more hammer than others? Won't be putting lots through and very little would be hard wood. Mainly Douglas and larch for my own use.

Assuming the small motor and manual feed would be the indicator of working too hard so could just back feed pressure off a bit?

Thanks for the advice, assume I'm an idiot and you won't be disappointed!

Ha ha no I'm sure moat bits would be available from industrial sullpiers, best this is chat with others who have the same mill they will tell you more than any sales rep or website can

Hi Lee,

out of intrest are the prices from just saws who are dealers for hudson, or from hudson in america directly?

if direct from america are the mill the CE marked version of the mills? is this 'in uk price?'

thanks, John

Got the prices through from importer of the hudson mills, thought I'd put them up if anyone's looking online it may help.

The prices are for the

JS018 Oscar 18 Sawmill with 6.5HP £3450 + vat

JS0H121 Oscar 121 Swamill with 6.5HP engine £2800 + vat

JS0228 Oscar 228 Sawmill with 8HP engine £4350 + vat

Blades are approx £26 for pack of 10

Hi john, prices from Fraser robb who is the local agent for us. Haven't had anything back from just saws. £75 to add for delivery and 10 days lead time.

Still unsure what to go for myself. Woodland mill is cheaper for better spec I think and look good but would rather hear it from someone who has one in the uk first.

i think they had a 238 (well quite a bit bigger one that 28inch max log) on ebay for ages that look mint, ex demo, think it was about 5,700 ish INC VAT, i wish i'd had a go at it now, but always seem to fail to save enough money before i can get one. it was quote a bit bigger and looked a lot beefier than the 228