I planted an Ash tree, between the shed to be an the Duckpond.

difflock

Seee,

(i) Will this plunging gutter water be sufficient to aerate the pond for Carp?

(ii) going to fabricate 9.0m lattice trusses to skip a girder/upright, so as to give a clear opening to allow access for tree length timbers to the BakerMill.

N.B.

Note the Wheeliebin staff holder!

Quite perfect, an it disnay answer back oo let the staff lean or wander.:lol:

The last photo(sideways on) is for the overflow from the Duckpond, it will also

(i) provide free drainage for the flower garden

and

(ii) Give Senior Managment a "wetland" environment to plant up.

PS

I am going to cover the orange wavin sewer pipe with chicken wire mesh, and plant a Wisteria or sommat climbing to mostly hide it.:lol:

59766a0928f3f_Duckpond9.0mtrussesandBenVistaBusshelterremoved007forintersnot.jpg.2658d79e15a44830ffa3af63732b9a2a.jpg

59766a091e568_Duckpond9.0mtrussesandBenVistaBusshelterremoved016forintersnot.jpg.1f691cc416dbe7fe376d5c826bc09f6a.jpg

59766a091a247_Duckpond9.0mtrussesandBenVistaBusshelterremoved001forintersnot.jpg.e931f47000b154494c949d8bb8913cd8.jpg

59766a0915c29_Duckpond9.0mtrussesandBenVistaBusshelterremoved010forintersnot.jpg.2a40b7ef3f6ccaae21decbdf608b083c.jpg

Edited by difflock

I think the wavin aerator is a brilliant idea, but it might get whipped by the wind, You could put it vertical,buid up rocks round it to make a waterfall into the pond

Merely require to ballast the end with a concrete block, I have it guyed with Galvanised catenry wire btw.

£50.00 quid of Coi Carp installed this evening = 10 No.

They snuck off down along the bottom.

I reckon the volume at about 90m3 and should be 100m3 when properly full.

Hopefully due to my 45 deg sloping sides it will not be particularly Heron friendly.

Since nowhere to stand?

We are unfortunately absolutly directly under the feeding Herons flight path, as observed over this past 18 years.

cheers

M

It looks really really good. But I can see some problems if there is standing water in the orange pipe and it freezes..

Ah Ha!

Thought of that, I was going to use a length of 9/10" pipe over the 110mm with fiberglass(hairy molly) between.

BUT, instead drilled an 1/8" hole in the 45 deg bend, during rainfall, this cannot take all the flow from 5000 sq ft of roof.

But will allow the standing water to drain down prior to frost(I hope, might need to insulate round this bit though)

Or I might rather bore it a bit bigger and bung it during the summer.

It could also be an idea to put some rock rip rap on the overflow from the duckpond - I've seen running water erode dam walls :(

Bingo(from a failed Civil Engineer btw), got some big natural land stones ready and waiting, will place when a digger is about shortly for other works.:thumbup:

Edited by difflock

Bingo(from a failed Civil Engineer btw), got some big natural land stones ready and waiting, will place when a digger is about shortly for other works.:thumbup:

nice idea about the small hole drained in the orange pipe to drain it before frosts.

I've seen a good way to control the water level in a pond, you have a rigid pipe through the embankment side, then have a flexible pipe connected to the upstream side of the rigid pipe. You then move the flexible pipe up/down to control the water level. It could be an idea if you want to drain the pond for maintenance.

Your wheelie bin staff holder looks more intelligent than a lot of chainboys I've come across :001_smile: