vduben

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry for the criticism vduben,

i did consider sending you a pm on this, but i'm guessing the forum is about sharing thoughts...right ?

Do you know what the Safe Working Load is of that cage ?

You + Saw/gear + Branch/timber could very well be exceeding it.

I know there will be, (and can hear) all the tutting out there at this point, but my concern would be that the MEWP is not designed as a CRANE, and even if only one "have a go" inexperienced Arby saw this and thought "great idea" they could find themselves in a seriously overloaded situation.

Sorry for the rant, i know from your posts you are more than healthily experienced.

BTW it does look like a nice piece of kit, is it a geenie boom?

if the alarm goes off jump!

that sounds a bit severe my advice would be see how high first then wait till 2 feet from ground then jump if 50 foot up it may be a bit premature to jump if alarm goes off it may even be your mates phone

Sorry for the criticism vduben,

i did consider sending you a pm on this, but i'm guessing the forum is about sharing thoughts...right ?

Do you know what the Safe Working Load is of that cage ?

You + Saw/gear + Branch/timber could very well be exceeding it.

I know there will be, (and can hear) all the tutting out there at this point, but my concern would be that the MEWP is not designed as a CRANE, and even if only one "have a go" inexperienced Arby saw this and thought "great idea" they could find themselves in a seriously overloaded situation.

Sorry for the rant, i know from your posts you are more than healthily experienced.

BTW it does look like a nice piece of kit, is it a geenie boom?

Valid point MonkeyD, my first thoughts on seeig the pic. be careful out there, its a long drop!!

it doesnt take much to tip the scales on those things, specially at a reach like in the pic.....i dont think its too serious that particular pic though, more than likely would just set the buzzer off and not let you extend anymore. that particular mewp is one of the few i think are worth having.

I DIDN'T LIKE THE CRANE WORK PIC! THAT'S A TIP-OVER WAITING TO HAPPEN! have you got a ticket to use a mewp?

yes i do, the picture shows bad practice but the wood hanging off the basket was put there by hand, i cut and then hung it on the basket to move back around to the chipper, it looks massive on the photo, but i would NEVER exceed what i thought was correct