cs39

nuggsy

Just because some one does not know the name of the cut, doesn't mean he doesn't know the cut :mad1:

He probabley uses these cuts every day!

Why not just explain the cut?:sneaky2:

Its hardly rocket science, although when you look at the cost of the courses you'd think it should be!!:thumbdown:

Thanks, but maybe i don't know all these cuts? :confused1:

I would have thought there would be an online guide somewhere?

Charlie.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems we are all have to do a course:sleep1:, just to read a book, what happend to freedom of imformation:001_tongue:

My biggest issue is asking simple questions by email, to training companys about the possiblility of refresher courses and or assessment only, and not ever getting an email back. a simple no we don't do that cause your too small, answer would be good.

then i can move forward to the next step of full training and pissing money down the drain to get my tickets:001_tongue:

:001_smile:

Lots of happy cause i'm past the point where I'm disgruntled any more about NPTC. its now just a grin and bear it opinion.

I know a bloke who's been doing treework for 15 years, he asked me 'why the hell do you cut everything twice?', I realized he'd never seen a step-cut, when I explained what I was doing he said he just cuts straight thru all branches!. We all like to thing we're professionals, but there a lot of blokes out there hacking bits of tree out on a daily basis!. There has to be a standard out there, and I guess NPTC units are it, like it or lump it fellas.

Its hardly rocket science, although when you look at the cost of the courses you'd think it should be!!:thumbdown:

look at the price of a course and then look at what you would charge for same amount of days work

probably not a lot in it though a lot of folk tell me they charge more :sneaky2:

look at the price of a course and then look at what you would charge for same amount of days work

probably not a lot in it though a lot of folk tell me they charge more :sneaky2:

True, but I have a hell of a lot more gear than then they do!:mad1:

offices, office staff, woodland trees

someone to clear up afterwards and chip up ect

enough kit for everyone on course

4X4 for access

p.s was not particularly using you as an example it was aimed as a general thing

and tbh been an instructor or assessor takes a fair bit of time and money keeping current and going on updates ect

courses are not as lucrative as some folk believe.