Which saws do you prefer in the woods??

jnoon

560 seized solid last week again another dicky purchased another 372 hope it lasts longer than 10 months

I've had the muffler fall off mine and finished cutting before stopping it, without seizing it, what are you doing wrong josh?!

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the second saw I've ever has seize others have either been passed on or sold on!

A previous 372 seized due to a split fuel pipe.

This 560 has seized due to the ring letting go it's under warranty so not really bothered

I've had the muffler fall off mine and finished cutting before stopping it, without seizing it, what are you doing wrong josh?!

In all fairness my 560 has been my go to main saw for the last 10 months apart form when I'm climbing etc I just don't think they are up to hours and hours of felling it just overheated dealers have said the rings let go but waiting to see what happens!!

In all fairness my 560 has been my go to main saw for the last 10 months apart form when I'm climbing etc I just don't think they are up to hours and hours of felling it just overheated dealers have said the rings let go but waiting to see what happens!!

I dunno, both my personal and work saws are 560's, we use and abuse them daily, with some of my colleagues using their 560's to dig trenches for cable laying, most don't even get cleaned.

As for your dealers call on warranty, I think it's more than just a snagged ring, especially if it locked solid.

I dunno, both my personal and work saws are 560's, we use and abuse them daily, with some of my colleagues using their 560's to dig trenches for cable laying, most don't even get cleaned.

As for your dealers call on warranty, I think it's more than just a snagged ring, especially if it locked solid.

I'm popping in tomoz so should get an update

Saw up date it was the locator pin on the piston that let go and stopped the saw from performing a rotation will all be fixed under warranty for free

Is that the wrist pin or the circlip? Or the ring pin?

Ring pin I believe

They said it had nothing to do with the oil I was on Oregon red oil however they did recommend I get some xp so managed to get some for £57 4litres 3x the price so see what happens