Echo CS360 TES top handled saw

wicklamulla

Here are some pics of the faulty zorst. You can see the circular baffle/cat thats come loose and causing the rattle. Also look at the tuning potential of that exhaust and the alloy heat shield which cud be trimmed to allow exhaust gasses to escape a bit free'r / quicker. The exhaust port on the enjun cud be 'tidied up' too in order to produce some more power. Yew will also see the alloy chain catcher i fitted over the stock Echo nylon affair which is not up to the job in my humble onion.

007_3.jpg

013_1.jpg

008_1.jpg

009.jpg

Do you think it's a good buy?

fitted the replacement exhaust part number A300-001660 which is a slightly different design to the original one. It looks like it may be the same one as fitted to the CS360 WES ground saw as that's what pops up when ya drop that part number into Google. So far so good.

The big round thing in the exhaust is a KAT, it is fitted for the US market and will take out a fair bit of power.

I just modified the Tanaka equivalent that has an aluminium housed muffler and popped the KAT out - see below -

WELL DONE Spudders, that modded zorst does indeed look very very similar to the Echo ones i've had. When you say 'Kat' do ya mean a catalytic converter or is it a posh word ferra silencing baffle, or do ya mean the filfy looking raven haired burd off of Eastenders ?

My exhaust is metal and looks like it's 2 sections pressed together but i dunno if i could successfully split it, but if the dealer still has the old faulty zorst (they said Echo may want it back for assessment) they will prolly let me have it if it's just lying there gathering dust. I cud experiment with an old faulty one and see if i can split it and remove the rattling baffle (Kat). It must be quite restrictive but i'm surprised at how 'revvy' and good my stock saw is already so a derestriction would make it an animal me tinks. Wonder if that Tanaka zorst would fit my Echo....? Either way i don't wanna mess about too much as it's still under warranty for another 13 munts.

The big round thing in the exhaust is a KAT, it is fitted for the US market and will take out a fair bit of power.

I just modified the Tanaka equivalent that has an aluminium housed muffler and popped the KAT out - see below -

WELL DONE Spudders, that modded zorst does indeed look very very similar to the Echo ones i've had. When you say 'Kat' do ya mean a catalytic converter or is it a posh word ferra silencing baffle, or do ya mean the filfy looking raven haired burd off of Eastenders ?

My exhaust is metal and looks like it's 2 sections pressed together but i dunno if i could successfully split it, but if the dealer still has the old faulty zorst (they said Echo may want it back for assessment) they will prolly let me have it if it's just lying there gathering dust. I cud experiment with an old faulty one and see if i can split it and remove the rattling baffle (Kat). It must be quite restrictive but i'm surprised at how 'revvy' and good my stock saw is already so a derestriction would make it an animal me tinks. Wonder if that Tanaka zorst would fit my Echo....? Either way i don't wanna mess about too much as it's still under warranty for another 13 munts.

Yes, Catalytic convertor, the steel can will be welded so much harder to mod:thumbdown:

• 1 month later...

Time ferra new chain and bar combo on the 360TES as the stock Oregon bar is made from philadelphia soft, spreadable cream cheese. I rang Radmore & Tucker in Exeter and they have a deal on at the moment on a new 14'' bar and chain for £30 but it's the same Oregon bar as original so i'm gonna give that a miss. Rang RobD's company and spoke to Lawerence, he was eggsellent to deal with as i'm not clued up on all the codes and terminology when it comes to chain specifications. I told he i wanted quality so ended up with a Sugihara Pro soild bar (with replaceable nose tip) and a chain to suit. All in all i spent about £75incl VAT/p&P on quality parts versus £30 for the stock lesser quality items. Will fit them this week and see how i get on.