HGV c1+e

Barney

I'm having troube finding a training school that does the hgv c1+e training in my area, Bristol.

Basically I want to be able to drive a 7.5t truck and tow a chipper that weighs over 750kg so....

Does anyone know if I will be able to do the above if i just do a B+E trailer test and then take the C1 test?

i dont think you will get away with it, all i know is that on passing class C you can drive any size rigid hgv and tow up to 750kg i believe you will have to do full artic hgv as not many places do C1+e. Thats my understanding as the company i work for puts everyone (required to drive hgv) throught their C+e (artic) hope this is of use

You need to pass cat C1 or C first and then C1+E or C+E. To be honest it makes far more sense to do C+E as you pay an instructor the same amount regardless and it won't cost much more for an artic. It will also make you even more disirable to prospective employers.

Good Luck

Thanks for replies I would have thought c+e would be far more expensive due to the size of the vehicle and extra training needed.

Unfortunatly Topcat I can't do that as I obtained my licence after 1997 even if I pass cat C1 or C, I can still only tow 750kg max.

It is a bit of money because you have to do the class c then c+e but i managed to do each test with 4 days of driving then the test on the fifth so two weeks, but i was lucky as comany paid for it. Definately worth doing so you know your all legal for the road

if you have to pay your self you can always get driving work on agency at w/ends to pay it back easy money and loads about from £12/15 ph on w/end

Really? With the haulage industry on its back, and hundreds of unemployed hgv drivers around, now is probably the worst time in the last ten years to be looking for weekend driving work. Also you cannot drive more than 11 days in a fortnight, so if you drive 5 days a week at work then you cant work more than one day a fortnight at weekends.