Choosing a charity.......

Woodcrafter

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to choose a charity to raise money for and I'd like to try and find something that maybe linked to our industry in some way.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated this is my 1st port of call before I start googling away.

Kind regards

Phil

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to choose a charity to raise money for and I'd like to try and find something that maybe linked to our industry in some way.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated this is my 1st port of call before I start googling away.

Kind regards

Phil

Rather than the usual 'air ambulance', how about

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/general-chat/67310-disaster-arborist-team.html

http://www.dartinternational.co.uk/

Edited by Mat

God forbid any of you guys will need this but Aspire is a national charity for people with spinal injury. They get no money from government and raise just over 2 million a year by various fundraising methods. one of their biggest events is the "channel swim" in you local swimming pool swimming 22 miles over a few weeks. I have a spinal injury myself so I can appreciate how much they can help

Betel uk. Saved my life, I was a heroin addict for 20 years... Written off by society and everyone else including my family (understandably given the hell I put them through).

Desperately wanted to change my life. Came to Betel 8 years ago and with their help have remained completely clean. Now work full time with Betel. I run a centre with up to 18 guys in various stages of recovery.

Also run a tree surgery business that provides income for the charity. Also met my lovely wife through Betel and am now happily married living a clean productive life, helping others overcome addiction issues. ( did I mention we also do treework? :) :)) Residents enter free of charge and work in Betel businesses to help pay for their own recovery. Residents don't claim benefits and we receive no government funding. I am just one of many who have been helped by this charity.. Passed my CS 30/31 & CS 38/39 while in Betel

We manage to raise about 85-90% of our running cost through our charitable businesses. The rest we rely on donations.

Thanks for considering us! :)

Timon

How about 'climb' who help families with children suffering with metabolic disorders. They have offered a lot of support to me and my Mrs in dealing with my boys condition and interpreting the medical jargon from the docks. Hope to do something myself for them at some point.

sent while pretending to do something important on my mobile.

God forbid any of you guys will need this but Aspire is a national charity for people with spinal injury. They get no money from government and raise just over 2 million a year by various fundraising methods. one of their biggest events is the "channel swim" in you local swimming pool swimming 22 miles over a few weeks. I have a spinal injury myself so I can appreciate how much they can help

Nice 1.

Betel uk. Saved my life, I was a heroin addict for 20 years... Written off by society and everyone else including my family (understandably given the hell I put them through).

Desperately wanted to change my life. Came to Betel 8 years ago and with their help have remained completely clean. Now work full time with Betel. I run a centre with up to 18 guys in various stages of recovery.

Also run a tree surgery business that provides income for the charity. Also met my lovely wife through Betel and am now happily married living a clean productive life, helping others overcome addiction issues. ( did I mention we also do treework? :) :)) Residents enter free of charge and work in Betel businesses to help pay for their own recovery. Residents don't claim benefits and we receive no government funding. I am just one of many who have been helped by this charity.. Passed my CS 30/31 & CS 38/39 while in Betel

We manage to raise about 85-90% of our running cost through our charitable businesses. The rest we rely on donations.

Thanks for considering us! :)

Timon

Well done. Thank you