both ends of your rope poll

nuggsy

use of main line  

102 members have voted

1. 1. use of main line

• use both ends ?
    • mainline and lanyard ?
    • both

Depends on the anchors, if they are good then it must be safer. Its more useful for difficult work positioning rather than safety. If safety is the reason for two anchor points then two ropes would be betterer.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on the anchors, if they are good then it must be safer. Its more useful for difficult work positioning rather than safety. If safety is the reason for two anchor points then two ropes would be betterer.

i have never seen it before, the amount of hard awkward jobs that would of been so much easier if i had known how to do that, especially banking or cliff jobs:001_smile:

so would you class it as twice as safe or twice as dodgy:confused1::001_smile:

if one of them goes then you have twice the distance to fall, if your on equally spaced anchors. therefore, it would be twice a dodgy but if you chose the anchors correctly IMO it can be a good technique to use.

if one of them goes then you have twice the distance to fall, if your on equally spaced anchors. therefore, it would be twice a dodgy but if you chose the anchors correctly IMO it can be a good technique to use.

so its twice as safe as a single line, twice as dodgy as 2 lines, but you are only going to drop the distance between the 2 anchor points. not a good way to look at it but you know what i mean:confused1::001_smile:

For me, I'd only use the V-rig on two definitely good anchors. Really not worth the risk if one fails. I think it's best to see it as a more supportive way in terms of positioning than a safer way.

am i missing something. is there more force on anchor points this way? is there a history of failure in the v set up? i would never use any anchor point unless i was 100% confident in it.:confused1::001_smile:

am i missing something. is there more force on anchor points this way? is there a history of failure in the v set up? i would never use any anchor point unless i was 100% confident in it.:confused1::001_smile:

Well if you're 100% confident you're fine. It's just some people may consider it to be safer because it would seem you have two anchor points, it's neither nor in reality. If your only anchor goes normally you're gonna fall and if one anchor in the v-rig fails your gonna fall (granted MAYBE not to the deck depending on the distance to anchors etc.).

Dunno why I'm bothered though cause I use both ends :001_tongue:, oh primitive me.