Top handle chainsaw dilemma

codlasher

The echo is a good high quality saw, better built that the others imo, & cheaper. wack one of Rob D's carving bars on & you have a superb bit of kit, nothing wrong with the stock bar, but it is bull nosed & has a safety chain. The saw can be hotted up very easily.

Sexy!

14443682974_4bdb30ef4e_c.jpg002 by geoff321, on Flickr

Doesn't even look like it could be high quality - so it is hard to believe it actually is.

Echo saws mainly are sold because they are cheap, not because they are good or high quality....

Doesn't even look like it could be high quality - so it is hard to believe it actually is.

Echo saws mainly are sold because they are cheap, not because they are good or high quality....

I'll second Geoff on the quality and I believe your wrong. I believe that echo sell well because they are well built, very reliable and at a much more affordable price. Don't knock it till you've tried it!! Everyone that has used one of my two top handles has been plesently surprised by there quality and performance

Well I beg to differ, having actually owned a few Echo's over the years, looks can be deceiving sir, & beauty in the eye of the beholder. They are cost effective, yes, 2 year pro warranty, well thought out, strong plastics, smooth & reliable motors, & dare I say it, Jap built.:001_smile:

So what is your personal & professional experience with them Troll, if I may ask?:biggrin:

The echo is a good high quality saw, better built that the others imo, & cheaper. wack one of Rob D's carving bars on & you have a superb bit of kit, nothing wrong with the stock bar, but it is bull nosed & has a safety chain. The saw can be hotted up very easily.

Sexy!

14443682974_4bdb30ef4e_c.jpg002 by geoff321, on Flickr

Never owned one or used one, but yes, that is a sexy saw !:thumbup:

Yes geoff that's a fine looking set up. Thank you for the picture!

I have an older Echo 50cc saw so am already a fan. No the plastic's not nasty and apart from loosing a nut and bolt over the 14 years of me owning it it has always done exactly what I asked.

I did use the top handled one about fourteen years ago, when I was asked by Echo to help provide the 'forestry environment' for their original brochure picture shoot. I remember vaguely that it was much lighter than my 020!!

I'd be quite tempted, as I'm not going to be using the saw every day, to have it gently tweaked........but I'll have to think further on this. No decisions yet :biggrin:

codlasher