• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you missed the main point

"safe working load indicator."

no worky, no insurance, scrap only.

simples

I think repairing, adjusting, servicing the pussy valve would be cheaper than a new engine and unlikely to render a 20k machine scrap but I could stand corrected.

Dont take much notice of the high price track rod ends, my local truck factors matched the ones on my telehandler to a merc truck. less than £100 a pair, they have all the info on cone sizes and thread diameters so its not hard to find a match. from memory I think I had to trim off about 20mm of thread to make them the same as the ones that came off.

Bob

Thats a good ides, get them cross referenced, usual problem is customer breaks machine, customer need machine back ten minutes ago.

From experience, try and get a sheep farmers machine or an arable farmer machine. Again, only from my experience dairy and beef farmers are as rough as and not too bothered with maintenance.

Once worked on a p reg jcb 526 with 9000 odd hours on and it was mint. Still had all the glass, all the lights and mudguards and the grease nipples had actually been greased within the last hundred years, good old sheep farmers.

Dont take much notice of the high price track rod ends, my local truck factors matched the ones on my telehandler to a merc truck. less than £100 a pair, they have all the info on cone sizes and thread diameters so its not hard to find a match. from memory I think I had to trim off about 20mm of thread to make them the same as the ones that came off.

Bob

Genius I never thought of that. If you need little ball joints for ride on mower I have boxes of different ones but nothing as huge as the ones on the tele.

Thats a good ides, get them cross referenced, usual problem is customer breaks machine, customer need machine back ten minutes ago.

From experience, try and get a sheep farmers machine or an arable farmer machine. Again, only from my experience dairy and beef farmers are as rough as and not too bothered with maintenance.

Once worked on a p reg jcb 526 with 9000 odd hours on and it was mint. Still had all the glass, all the lights and mudguards and the grease nipples had actually been greased within the last hundred years, good old sheep farmers.

Thats what put me off the 627 it must have been in cow muck to rot the rubbers off. The boom was squeeking in and out and the grease nipples were all dry. Every time it got serviced someone wrote it in marker pen on the machine but the last date was 2009

Local dealer has a mint jcb 525-50 coming in they supplied and serviced it to john lewis group 2009 2000 hrs 20k

Very compact and manouverable but its like climbing in and out of a tank.

Merlo 26.6 or 32.6 will be nicer to drive than JCB 526 or Manitou 627 because of the hydrostatic transmission.

http://www.gordonagri.co.uk/image/cache/data/soldgallery/merlo%2051%20reg-1000x1000-640x480.JPG

Very compact and manouverable but its like climbing in and out of a tank.

Merlo 26.6 or 32.6 will be nicer to drive than JCB 526 or Manitou 627 because of the hydrostatic transmission.

http://www.gordonagri.co.uk/image/cache/data/soldgallery/merlo%2051%20reg-1000x1000-640x480.JPG

Are the little jcbs as bad with the full length door. I have seen the climb in the tub job that is out of the question I am 6ft 4 and 17 stone.

Do you find hydrostatic the way to go. I am unlikely to take it far on the road so road speed not really important. I was thinking torque converter tougher and more reliable than hydrostatic but can see hydrostatic could be easier to use.

Are the little jcbs as bad with the full length door. I have seen the climb in the tub job that is out of the question I am 6ft 4 and 17 stone.

I have converted the hinges on our telehandler to lift off hinges. The lads launch the door into the bushes while in use and only stick it back on to lock it up. Hydrostatic is a good set up and you get a bit less roll back.

Bob