Husky 559xpg was a bugger to start in the heat today

SteveA

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It happens all the time on my 550 and 560! Just take the air filter off and the it dry out for a Min or two and it will work.

Keep it out of direct sun when it's not in use.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

For a professional "XP" saw sounds like bit of a faff! :confused1:

I was working in the north side of the woods/ in shade all morning.... not looking forwards to using the 550 when we get some proper summer heat! :001_huh:

I tend to find with the 545, (which is a similar build) needs to be choked if stopped for around 10mins. or more, even on a hot day. If it's not starting and you tried all else, might as well try the choke or a half-choke at least.

I tend to find with the 545, (which is a similar build) needs to be choked if stopped for around 10mins. or more, even on a hot day. If it's not starting and you tried all else, might as well try the choke or a half-choke at least.

The choke is either on or off on mine, no half way setting. But yeah, I have a few things to try out....

a) choke

b) release tank pressure

c) pull, pull, pull & keep pulling until it starts

d) give up!.... send it back!

I'm starting to wonder if Husqvarna have failed to test these modern auto-tune saws in a real-world working environment? (not that I'm averse to new technology). Cheers, Steve

The choke is either on or off on mine, no half way setting. But yeah, I have a few things to try out....

a) choke

b) release tank pressure

c) pull, pull, pull & keep pulling until it starts

d) give up!.... send it back!

I'm starting to wonder if Husqvarna have failed to test these modern auto-tune saws in a real-world working environment? (not that I'm averse to new technology). Cheers, Steve

As you rightly say there is no " half choke " its the half throttle setting I think he means .

As you rightly say there is no " half choke " its the half throttle setting I think he means .

Yep. That's the puppy. Sorry about the incorrect terminology. (Before someone moans to themselves, I do know the difference between a choke and a throttle. Just having a senior moment, must be the heat.)

Is there a half throttle setting on the 550XP? News to me!.... how does that work? Cheers, steve

Pull the red lever out and up and then flick it back down again . It will stay at half throttle till you blip it ...:001_smile: