Health

Anonymous

And oh yeah, I forgot.

Native American traditional medicine was a large part of my therapies as well. My wife is a traditional Cherokee (you know her in England as Gayle Ross) who connected me to some healers here. This is medicine practiced, mostly herbal with spiritual administrations, that's all but died out here since America as we know it is based on the obliteration of the native peoples and their practices...only recently allowed to return but Western ideals also exploiting it to profit from, of course.

You really should write a book or have a website detailing the story of your experiences. I think many people would find it very interesting and helpful.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't be too good for the Pentagon, Veteran's Administration, or the National Institute's of Health though.

If I talk about my cancer, I'd have to point out where it came from, how it was denied therapy, the mistakes made early-on, and the lossess of lives of friends who were where I was and exposed to the same compounds but were told "there's nothing to worry about, everything we're doing is safe".

A bone to pick, a chip on my shoulder? Yes. America willingly maimed and killed thousands of it's own fighting men, at first refusing to admit error, admitting it finally when we proved it, then throwing useless and deadly treatments our way. My country 'tis to thee.

The best way to deal, in my manner, is to help those innocents who also were exposed, seek out appropriate treatments for them, and to make certain this nation will come to terms with the lives it's more than willing to throw away, especially on wars and actions based on lies (once again). The most insulting thing I've come across the last four years are the voluntary campaigns here to "support the troops" in light of the political desires of many in America yet substance is negative and programs started, if any, end-up with monies enriching the pockets of those who sell the stickers.

Recall the reports from Walter Reed Army Hospital, our national heritage-level facility to treat and care for those who bore the brunt of our decisions. It hasn't changed at all, we're too busy interested in the antics of one Britney Spears and which candidate for President will enforce Christian guidelines into our rapidy rotting Declaration of Independence.

My survival is America's true mistake. I have a story and an attitude and whatever we do for foreign policy, I'll be there to make certain that we remember the true costs of the errors we willingly make, instead of being historically written down as "nobel and sincere", they indeed have been evil and contemptuous.

For money and profits, at all and any costs, I'm one of America's native sons.

Incredible story oakwilt, thanks for sharing.

With respect, I just hope that what happiness there is in you’re life, or that which lies ahead, can outweigh the obvious and understandable bitterness you must feel. Sincerely…all the very best for the future:icon14:

I agree with you RCO and Butch, as you know I've been tightly bound for many years. It's part of and fuel for the struggle. Genetic also, as my departed Dad spent the whole of his life trying to address and prosecute corruption, even some distant relatives on trial at Nuremburg, including some of my own grandfather's associates he worked with and believed in during's Hitler's reign.

I'm both sensitive to criminal leadership and a victim of it as well, things don't change by ignoring the problems growing larger out there and I take a lot of my time to intervene the best way I know how.

On the relaxation bit, and peaceful moments I can and do have, I apply the same depth to acheive them too. Believe me. Happy to be alive? An understatement times a hundred. Just should as you say, find them more often. It's hard to see repeats and more so in the last five years of politics, greed, war and lies from above. I truely thought the lessons of Vietnam would impact our world, but they've been selectively exploited to sound bites and false nationalism. Humans should be far beyond this broken tape all-over-again tragedy, the costs in lives, the planet, and the future is shameful.

In the meantime I find solice and wonderful moments at that...I'm sorry I shotgunned the focus of this thread but seriousness is something I take with a shot of whiskey and a great deal of malice - it's kept me alive so far. Don't follow my example of involvement, fight to remain free of it if your experiences don't include soldering afar and blindly following orders and believing what's being shoved down our throats, I'm the residue of just such actions.

Peace, as I find mine now and then and the deeper the anxiety and turmoil, the more blessed the lovely moments are, as I always maintain. Just wish they would be more often and available. My boat is my saving grace, my children, and my beer (among other vices).

Thanks,

Reed

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the next step has been taken.

Took the powerful laxatives, had a day without much feed but plenty of fluids. Went to the bog a awful lot (didn't dare leave the house!)

Had white fluid and air pumped in, loads of xrays followed by many more trips to the loo. Stomach cramps abated late afternoon. Now feel like I took a trip down a sandpaper bannister rail.

Results of diagnosis to follow at a later date.