Self Rescue

Rob Murf

Do you only climb with another competent climber.  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Do you only climb with another competent climber.

• Always
    • Mostly
    • Sometimes.
    • Rarely

I do 95% domestic work and to remain competitive you cannot add a rescue climber at £140 - £180 ontop of every domestic job,

how much

you can find someone for less than that pluss that wouldnt be 140 on top of the price it would be £40 over the £100 you would pay your normal groundie

unless climbers cant chipp that is:sneaky2:

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could employed a young keen college leaver a few days a week and give them a few hours climbing practice here and there. I bet you could get 1 for £60-70 and they would be stoked. Rescue line in any tricky tree. Its for your benifit.

Beleive it or not I am not trying to have a pop at you, but just imagine if you did need to be rescued and no one was there.

I do 95% domestic work and to remain competitive you cannot add a rescue climber at £140 - £180 ontop of every domestic job,

how much

you can find someone for less than that pluss that wouldnt be 140 on top of the price it would be £40 over the £100 you would pay your normal groundie

£100 a day for a groundie.............you got any jobs going?????

Interesting thread this.

Like I said earlier, when at work we always have two climbers on site – however, when I get the opportunity to do a little weekend work I’m always on my own, rightly or wrongly money is the overriding factor. I’ve never even thought of asking a work mate to come and help me out because profits would be cut by half. I’d rather take the risk thank you.

how much

My groundy is permenant, I would not, do not send him home for the day just because I have a climber coming for the day.

That is the rate round here, that is if you want a "proper" rescue climber not someone with a ticket to tick boxes. I'm not after ticking boxes, I want someone who can ACTUALLY rescue me. :001_smile:

how much

£100 a day for a groundie.............you got any jobs going?????

meaning that if he pays up to 180 for a climber he must pay around a 100 for a groundie

our climbers only get around that money

My groundy is permenant, I would not, do not send him home for the day just because I have a climber coming for the day.

That is the rate round here, that is if you want a "proper" rescue climber not someone with a ticket to tick boxes. I'm not after ticking boxes, I want someone who can ACTUALLY rescue me. :001_smile:

Surely if you have a permanent groundie who I presume you have a good relationship with? It would be worth putting him through the course? Talk to him...he's not going to suddenly want climbers money? Give a little climb every now and then to keep him in tune?

:

train the bugger then and let him do the easier stuff until he gets good

then you'll be sorted? why is that not already the done?:001_smile:

Surely if you have a permanent groundie who I presume you have a good relationship with? It would be worth putting him through the course? Talk to him...he's not going to suddenly want climbers money? Give a little climb every now and then to keep him in tune?

And do you really think that this kind of rescue climber is of any REAL use????