T540 H37 chain

Brooklandsbob

The chain that came with mine was hopeless as are ,I seem to remember roller guides ! Change the chain for the Oregon one or better still get a loop of Stihl full chisel made up for it . Don't like roller guides as they work ok for the first few sharpenings then the plastic rollers ware down putting the file too low . Best to sharpen free hand or with an Oregon metal plate guide . Just me ....

The chain that came with mine was hopeless as are ,I seem to remember roller guides ! Change the chain for the Oregon one or better still get a loop of Stihl full chisel made up for it . Don't like roller guides as they work ok for the first few sharpenings then the plastic rollers ware down putting the file too low . Best to sharpen free hand or with an Oregon metal plate guide . Just me ....

Odd - I've been getting the opposite problem with the rollers recently. They've been cutting too high towards the end of a chain's life. Very annoying!

Saw chain H37 3/8" MINI Pitch 1,3 mm - Chainsaw accessories

Both the h36 and h37 are listed as green label chain but for whatever reason the h37 is listed at a higher price.

That makes sense. However, I assume that H37 is some Oregon model (rebranded for Husky) - like the H36 = 91VG and H36x used to be 91VS.

The question is which one, altenatively if it is Huskys first "self made" chain model?

OK, looked at the UK website (which is not the one I usually look at), and there the description is good enough to conclude that (if it is Oregon chain) it has to be 91PX.

91PX surely is a better chain than 91VG/H36 - even though it is another "green" semi-chisel chain.

Now go out and buy some 63PS, that is "yellow" and (full) chisel! :001_smile:

Odd - I've been getting the opposite problem with the rollers recently. They've been cutting too high towards the end of a chain's life. Very annoying!

Are you sure you are using the right roller guide for the chain, and the right file size?

Btw, I never had a single issue with the rollers wearing out fast (or anything else) - but then I mostly file freehand anyway....:001_smile:

They will until the rollers ware down then they will be OK for a chain at the end of its life but no good for a new one .