076 chain brake and an aspen question

william127

I would run Aspen in it as then you won't need to worry about either draining the tank or the rubber parts drying out. Run it, put it away, get it out next time good to go.

The chainbrake for the 076 is technically no longer available so good luck getting from a UK dealer. I bought one of mine new from Germany - a seller on ebay.de and the other secondhand from Canada for a fair bit less, even including shipping (and sorry yes, I do need both!)

Alec

I would run Aspen in it as then you won't need to worry about either draining the tank or the rubber parts drying out. Run it, put it away, get it out next time good to go.

The chainbrake for the 076 is technically no longer available so good luck getting from a UK dealer. I bought one of mine new from Germany - a seller on ebay.de and the other secondhand from Canada for a fair bit less, even including shipping (and sorry yes, I do need both!)

Alec

When did they obsolete it? I only got mine about 6 months ago, then had to have stihl send me a load of extra parts as the assembly was incomplete

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I'd not run aspen in it as it's mixed 50/1 two percent The old girl will run ok on 40/1 with good synthetic oil and fresh fuel I may also have a chain brake but can not prommis Ghill

Aspen is 100% fine in all saws of any mix ratio.

The new aspen2 FRT is also good for Scooters and outboards.

Better lube and even lower emissions!!!

Aspen is 100% fine in all saws of any mix ratio.

The new aspen2 FRT is also good for Scooters and outboards.

Better lube and even lower emissions!!!

Sorry to be a Paine and sorry for probably giving the wrong advice re fuel mix it was just that them old saws where always run on 40/1 when new as stihl recommended ? I use aspen in my new saws recommended to run on 50/1 is aspen ok to use on any saw of any age iv a danarm and a telles smith from around 1950 is it ok to use aspen on them as they recommended 16/1

PS ASPEN IS A FINE FUEL especially when training as there are lots of saws running and I have to stay with the candidates breathing in the fumes of standard fuel makes me Feel quite ill at the end of a days but no problem with ASAPEN THANKS :thumbup:

The reason 1:40 ratio was recommended by Stihl for the old saws (and others recommended 1:25 or 1:16) is that the oils at that time wasn't as good as the oils of today, which will work as well, or better, at 1:50 ratio.

Yes I understand the oil is much better now I did think that maybe better materials used in modern saws may have had a factor together with better ignition modules and so on ? If Aspen is fine to use then that is supper

Hi Ghilley,

I have been in contact with the guys who make the oil for Aspen and they have loads of Classic or "old timer" saws running on Aspen in Europe.

As Morten rightly says it's the advances and quality of the oil that has improved since these engines were built.

If an engine says it requires more oil than 50:1 it is ether an older machine or a low price new machine. (They think the customer who bought a cheap machine will buy cheap 2-stroke oil)

Thank you for the question, it's always good to get the facts.

All the best

Eddie