Tree Topping

Slacky2

Why did he have to put the trees there?

There used to be a haulage company based there and the people that used to live in my neighbours house complained because he didn't like to look out his window and see a load of trucks. but the haulage company is no longer there and so the land owner doesn't care what happens to the trees. I am meeting with him soon as to whether I can take the trees down completely

Slacky2

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

who said he 'had to put the trees there'?

Was it a planning restriction?

Do they have legal protection (such as a TPO)?

Is the land part of a conservation area?

Braintree council but only so long as the haulage company where there. He has spoken to the council and they have said that since the company is no longer there then the trees can be taken down.

no

the trees arent protected.

its not part of a conservation area

There used to be a haulage company based there and the people that used to live in my neighbours house complained because he didn't like to look out his window and see a load of trucks. but the haulage company is no longer there and so the land owner doesn't care what happens to the trees. I am meeting with him soon as to whether I can take the trees down completely

Slacky2

:thumbup1: 'Had to' sounded like 'had to- because of a planning condition'

Not quite sure. all i know is that they are evergreen.

sorry i know that doesn't really help

Likely to be leylandi or the like, in which case reducing them in height would be fine, but the sides should also be trimmed, pics will tell all.:001_smile: