Brriquette press?

rupert w

Has anybody had any dealings with Northern energy systems. Thinking of buying large press hammer mill combo,diesel model but any other alternatives or advice welcome.This would mainly be for carpentry waste.

thanks in advance Rupert

Looking at there web site most of the equipment appears to be chinese so I would be concerned about quality. I have one of the chinese pellet presses only real use is as a paper weight. The Italian machine looks like my briquette press which is made by Comafer and produces briquettes but the quality is very poor and that includes using a hammer mill to reduce chip size.

Thanks for your advice John, will look into this further, we are not going to be rushing into anything. Can you recommend any other machines?

ta Rupert.

The SPM type flywheel machines make excellent briquettes but they sell for crazy money. My hydraulic machine produces acceptable briquettes but quality wise will always be at the low end of the market.

Hello Rupert,

We are also considering a briquette press and Northern Energy Systems are only a few hours away from us so we may go & see them sometime soon if they have a machine for us to see in the flesh.

Hello AM,

We will need to see one in action before we spend out,but we are near Cheltenham,so a long way to travel. What wood are you intending to use? We are intending just building wood. We are in early stages at the moment but would be very interested in any feedback.

Thanks Rupert