250 ton of hard wood cord Hastings area

MarieJames

Advertising this for my cousin (so not our lads on the job)

250 ton of nice quality clean hard wood cord available road side late next week, north of Hastings

Mainly oak ash and a little elm

Cut 15 months ago 85 per ton minimum (complies with new RHI rules hence higher price)

Email me for details [email protected] or [email protected]

Cheers Marie x

I think someone does not understand the RHI rules and is trying to jump on a RHI bandwagon. If you look at the feedstock for most RHI or power generation installations it is woodchip or wood pellets. Yes the price of RHI certified woodchip will go up and you can expect a premium over non certified woodchip. Be interested to find out what Stobarts are paying for RHI certified woodchip I doubt whether its much more than £10 per tonne.

I think someone does not understand the RHI rules and is trying to jump on a RHI bandwagon. If you look at the feedstock for most RHI or power generation installations it is woodchip or wood pellets. Yes the price of RHI certified woodchip will go up and you can expect a premium over non certified woodchip. Be interested to find out what Stobarts are paying for RHI certified woodchip I doubt whether its much more than £10 per tonne.

Ca-boom! Sold!!

It may be that they absolutely DO understand the RHI tariff system and have sold direct to the owner of a home system who also understands the RHI system and is eligible from a log burning boiler.... Just speculation of course but since we've had several log seller threads bemoaning the high capacity / demand from log boilers, it might be that home log boiler customers start to buy direct at considerable saving??

Ca-boom! Sold!!

It may be that they absolutely DO understand the RHI tariff system and have sold direct to the owner of a home system who also understands the RHI system and is eligible from a log burning boiler.... Just speculation of course but since we've had several log seller threads bemoaning the high capacity / demand from log boilers, it might be that home log boiler customers start to buy direct at considerable saving??

Spot on Kevin, I just spoke with the buyer myself as I am trying to understand the very confusing RHI thing myself.

Basically the customer is setup for RHI payments and from his calculation he should save around 30% doing it as you have suggested, and seems to think he has got a good deal so much so he wants to use my cousin again next year.

And fore the record the landowners agent simply refuses to let the timber go for less than 85 a ton ( I know as I tried to convince him to lower it myself, he quickly put me in my place about it :'-( )

X

Roundwood at £85, fair play. Id rather be burning the electric at that price. Biomass will fall flat on its face at this rate.

Buying direct at £85 plus haulage and maybe VAT isn't a saving, that's paying a LOT more for the pleasure to cut it up yourself

Roundwood at £85, fair play. Id rather be burning the electric at that price. Biomass will fall flat on its face at this rate.

Buying direct at £85 plus haulage and maybe VAT isn't a saving, that's paying a LOT more for the pleasure to cut it up yourself

I'm not so sure, maybe you're looking through the wrong end of the telescope?

If you are a home (domestic) or business (commercial) RHI eligible log burning user buying in (relatively) large qty's of wood to sustain your boiler, why would you want to buy from a log merchant (and pay the middleman mark up) when you could buy direct? Yes, you'd have VAT (maybe), yes you'd have transport on costs, but likelihood is, you'd have that anyway buying from a log seller, you just wouldn't specifically see it within the markup. You certainly wouldn't be paying for the wood to be moved twice - roadside to log merchant, log merchant to end user. So you gotta cut it up, so what, no biggy if you're saving money over buying from a middleman.