X-Rigging Ring action video

theXman

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work David, and a very watchable vid. You got some ugly trees there. Especially liked the speed-line/traverse.

I dont do anywhere near the amount of rigging that I used to since moving to BC, but the rings still get used regularly. I like that they're so much less cumbersome than blocks and pulley....and the fact that I dont have to worry about a block getting pressed into the side of the tree or mis-aligned. A ring is a ring, there's no wrong way to load it, if you know what I mean.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to send out some samples for the guys use and pass around perhaps while you're waiting for a dealer come on board. Lots of proficient and enthusiastic riggers on the UK scene.

You done any negative blocking vids ?

Thanks Reg, yes, I'll be sending more samples over to climbers in the UK. When a product is good, you just gotta spread the word and someday it'll hopefully come back around. I've probably given away $15,000 worth of X-Rigging Rings and slings in the past 12 months. I gave away about $1000 worth this Saturday at a Maryland Arborist Volunteer work day that we helped sponser.

yes, we have negative rigging action with rings and I'll be sure to include it in the second video I'm working on.

Unfortunately there is not enough time in a day or night when running a tree service business; being a climber and also doing Xtreme Arborist Supply.

Currently lots of rain this week, so that normally will help slow down the tree service work, but at this time of year we have planting, which we do in the rain :thumbdown:

where sells these in the uk looks like a handy bit of kit

Who sells them in the UK?

THE X-Rigging Rings and our sling configurations in the UK? No one yet.

Oh and gentlemen, I do have some other X-Rigging Ring videos on my youtube channel. Most are slow moving tutorial type videos. Some of the content I don't like, cause we have better systems now. But I think you can still learn a lot there.

https://www.youtube.com/user/thexmanjdd

here is a climber in New York City, USA, doing removals in the city.

Keep in mind that this is all contract climbing and he's working with groundmen that he doesn't really know. So, things don't "run" as he would like to see them at times. But with many XRR slings, he can use multiple rigging points and redirects to maximize strength of the trees structure.

He doesn't use any blocks anymore since he found the X-Rigging Rings.

David, what are the rope sizes for the beast please? Just about to order one. Am I right in saying you can terminal rig with the beast?

The beast has 38 and 28 on imprinted on it.

What this means is 38mm hole in the middle and a 28mm wide groove on the outside.

I suggest a RIGGING ROPE used anywhere from the size of 1/2" (12mm) up to 1" (25.5 mm). I've never gone over 1 inch rigging rope, you want a little bit of air space, you don't want a max size rope (say 38mm) running through the middle (likely get too hot).

Now, the groove rope or sling is more critical. You really should use a sling or rope that fills up that groove and so the groove LIPS help capture the sling/rope. This is a nice feature of this rings design.

When it comes to the groove; I find that a 3/4 inch (19mm) is great and on up to 1 inch (25.5mm). Dimension wise, you should be able to use up to 28mm in that groove, but I find most ropes are a little more "fluffy" than they say they are, some 28mm might be a problem getting into the groove. using these sizes will allow the lips to do their job.

However, if you girth hitch cordage into this groove, then smaller cordage can be used due to the doubling of the cord in the groove. I don't have those sizes readily available in my mind.