Cobra tree brace

Arborowen

Fire is not part of the natural environment to a tree in the UK, it would be quite out of the ordinary. ( this is a predominately UK based forum, the OP based in the UK too)

No one is dead wrong, a true professional would be able to see the benefits and pitfalls of both styles of bracing, not just be blinkered into using one style only.

You my friend are dead wrong.

EUROPA - PRESS RELEASES - Press release - Fighting forest fires in Europe ? how it works

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2370082/Britains-burning-heat-triggers-scores-fires--leaves-A-E-swamped.html

Jomoco

Edited by jomoco

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And what if a static brace isn't suitable for the application then?????

Fire? Falling limbs? Rodents? You're clutching at straws there, is that what you fob off to clients to install you're preferred cable method?

Uv degradation? Well that's why it's important to fit the date tags, monitor and replace at recommended intervals set by the manufacture

Galvanized steel if damaged at the installation stage can still rust and fail

Both methods have there place

I'm not dead wrong, that is quite out of the ordinary.

So a quick search on the internet and you're an expert in uk weather? Do you think we brace trees randomly in forests?

The chances of a tree that's been braced in the uk catching fire is slim to non

Age does not necessarily indicate wisdom. I think we all need to calm down and agree to disagree.

To summerise:

- Both systems have their merits

- Each system should be prescribed based on the local average conditions, pests, and any other foreseeable damaging factor.

- Synthetics systems are date tagged and are subject to inspection every 2-4 years. (I'm not sure of a recommended inspection interval for steel cabling there must be one?)

- Different continents have differing recommendations for trees, yes I can confirm fire does exist in the UK however only in some areas and is definitely not a factor in urban areas.

As OP I feel I have gained what I intended to from this thread, and as entertaining as it might be to see this progress further I think I will ask admin to close this thread now. Thank you all

O

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Arbtalk mobile app

As OP I feel I have gained what I intended to from this thread, and as entertaining as it might be to see this progress further I think I will ask admin to close this thread now. Thank you all

I only see debate from people with different experiences. :thumbup1:

Bracing seldom gets discussed here, other members will have picked up new things reading along.

As long as it stays cordial, I don't see a need to close the thread

Your the boss Mr H, I will be assuming a passive position while I educate myself on the validity of Mr Jomocos statements.

Feel free to continue without me. I will post pics of the possibly questionable COBRA installation once completed.

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Arbtalk mobile app