Which woodburner should I buy

ArthurBottlesworth

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you can get internet thermostat controls which means you could runroom temperatures from your phone .........

Hi Arthur, that would be neat, heat up the thermal store before leaving home and when you are heading back home, switch on remotely the valve(s) to heat the room(s) ready for when you get back. I have seen small wall mounted fan based heat exchangers which would bring the air temperature up quicker than the under floor heating. Option B is to get the underfloor heated concrete slabs extra warm before you leave and with a highly insulated house with no opening of doors, then I would imagine the house would cool down quite slowly (several days probably).

Can't concretefloor as .i put in eectric underfloor heating 8 years ago

Great, but too expensive to run, we had 14 feet snow twelve months ago and couldn't get to logshed ....had to put underfloor on, next bill £1500 ... Not acceptable

I have worked from home since 1988, so my max commute is 35m unless I forget keys when it doubles, no problem firing up woodburners

If I could get grant would probably go for log fired biomass ..... But getting pissed off with everyone saying you can't do that with logs .... Seeing american boilers at $3500 being sold for £8000 in uk pisses me off too......

I've never had central heating so all new to me ..... If I get old at night I put another dog on ......