Welcome new members

Steve Bullman

Just saying hello!

In Argyll. Got a few acres of old woods that slowly is getting dealt with. Ex mountaineer (now smallholder) and aiming to climb some of my bigger trees. Heat house with logs.

I'm here to lurk and learn!

Dave

ps thanks for sorting registration. Never knew these forums had so many bot hits!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, My names Tom, i'm 17, and I'm just starting out in my Arboristry life :)

I work with my step-dad at the moment. Working as a groundie. I hope to go off on my own in a year or so though. :D

It's something I've always wanted to do, so for some help I thought I'd join here as you all seem pretty awesome (Y)

Thanks

Tom

P.S Please remove if I'm not allowed to post here, but here's our website Wisbech Roofing & Wisbech Property Maintenance | A & L Services - Wisbech, Cambridgeshire | Home :D

• 3 weeks later...

I am not an arboiculturist, I merely "cut sticks", I turned up here looking for a winch for an ould 1490 DB, ( & tinternet search found that 6 tonne tajfun advertised on here) I got about 40 acres of various ages of Sitka and lodgepole ( mostly windthrown) to work my way through, & if I can ever accumulate more firewood than I burn heating the house I might even get into the firewood business, if I was not bone idle.

cheers

M

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sticksey here, I am another new member to the forum here. Just taken me to 2 years to learn how to use ebay so I am sorry in advance if I am a bit slow in replying but I’m getting there!! I have been working in the rural industry for more years than I would like to mention in various areas of rural services including farming, forestry, fencing and conservation projects around water and wetland areas.

During the winter months I generally focus on the firewood side of the business, turning over approx 250cord+ of wood in a season, being involved with all aspects of its processing. We also sell other fuel products including kindling wood, coal and gas.

I have been looking on here for the last few weeks and feel that I share alot of interests with other users on here. I have an interest in agricultural and forestry machinery, the industry itself and rural life, so hopefully can make a useful contribution to some of the topics/issues discussed here. Looking forward to benefiting from other users knowlage and experience on here also.

Sticksey