Running lean? Plug pic attached

Kay 9

Not sure about plug, but photography could be improved.😜

Exactly what I was thinking:lol: David Bailey he aint:001_rolleyes:

The important bit is the central electrode, it should be the colour of coffee with milk! If it is white, the saw is running lean, if it is graphite grey, it is overheating!

I have no idea how you would go about richening the mix on an auto tune saw but would be damn careful about oil/fuel ratios and get it checked out if not correct!

Get a decent photo up and lets see it - I do have a photo of a lean run plug but not on this computer - it will be on my "whats on your bench thread" though!

Exactly what I was thinking:lol: David Bailey he aint:001_rolleyes:

The important bit is the central electrode, it should be the colour of coffee with milk! If it is white, the saw is running lean, if it is graphite grey, it is overheating!

I have no idea how you would go about richening the mix on an auto tune saw but would be damn careful about oil/fuel ratios and get it checked out if not correct!

Get a decent photo up and lets see it - I do have a photo of a lean run plug but not on this computer - it will be on my "whats on your bench thread" though!

I believe this is the picture you are referring to from the Bench post: http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/chainsaws/33857-whats-your-bench-today-407.html#post916869

Left: GOOD. Middle: BAD FUEL, Right: LEAN (SEIZED)

128191d1372540489-whats-your-bench-today-p1030587.jpg

When did you pull the plug out? Was it new before you pulled it? Since there is little carbon build up on it, I would put it back in, warm the saw up, put it in 12" plus wood, and kill the saw once you get to the middle of that piece of wood. Then remove the plug, set your camera to 'macro' mode(usually depicted by a flower), and snap a photo with plenty of ambient lighting. A vid would also give us some idea of how your saw is running.

Sorry about the pics lads lol. I'll try get a better one after I run the saw again. Last user was the old man and he tends to idle the saw before turning off so maybe that's it. Saw is running well besides. 4 strokes nicely at wot. Leave it with me folks. Will have a better pic soon as I can. Thanks though.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Arbtalk mobile app