The NEW schliesing 235MX - Demo tour

Craig Wilkie

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a well established arb machinery dealer we tend to see every type of chipper you could possibly think of, some are good and some are bad, but i would agree that most of the chippers comming in from europe are of a high standard of engineering, only their paintwork seem to be suspect.

however, should we not be supporting british manufacturing in these hard times, one of the reasons we are in this mess, is our in-ability to see how good we really are at research,design and manufacturing. Tony Turner (Greenmech) and Richard Marshall (Timberwolf) have produced some fantastic products over the years, and i know we will see some exciting new machines launched from both of them over the comming months and years.

British chippers are supported by the most comprehensive dealer networks that anybody could need, if you need a demo ring your local dealer, you will in most cases get a demo within 48hrs, we don't need to go on tour.

Were BRITISH so lets support BRITAIN.

Andy Gould

Managing Director

Global Sales Ltd

In the plant trade, I have been trying to buy British, and some suppliers are excellent, bend over backwards to help. But on the whole, the sad fact is most dont really care. They try to mess around delivery times, quality of product, and thats if they can even be bothered to respond to emails for orders, no wonder we look abroad for suppliers. The Europeans have the right attitude to work, they dont take it for granted, and they appreciate your orders, are responsive and pro-active, as well as competitively priced! So come on Brits, pull your fingers out of your backside, sort your act out, then people will buy your products..............sigh!:sad:

we all have our own preferences for machinery, and they all have their own faults or un-favourable operating procedures,

i've used many chippers from exenco, entec, bandit, premier, timberwolf, jenson, vermieer, heizohack and the spiral one.

they are all different and the best one is the one which has the least amount of personaly anoying faults that you can put up with.

its all horses for courses, and its the same with all machinery including firewood machinery, chainsaws and trucks.

personly i buy on aftersales service and back up as a prority after i've found the machine i like best suited to my needs and easily maintained.

IMO nobody makes the best... its the most suitable for you.

i own a heizohack btw

I buy my parts and equipment from the UK or Germany.To be honest I find the Germans alot more knowledgable and easy to deal with than the Brits.

Typically when I call a parts department in the UK I seldom get the same person twice,have to again go through my order and often the incorrect parts arrive.

In contrast should I order parts or buy equipment from Germany,I normally get a Email or call asking wether I recevied the parts or how the machine is going.

Recently I discussed coming over to the UK to see a 9" tracked chipper in action,when I called the same company to order some blade bolts I got some indifferent hobbit telling me they wouldn't send them to Norway.Presumabley they were happy to sell a machine worth one thousand times as much as the bolts for export,but puting some bolts in a parcel was to much trouble.

Result is they are not the only Dealer that sells that machine,so my interest will go to one of their compeditors.

Edited by Mike Hill
rude words

Not sure about the 200 but the larger 220 Schliesing (can we call them Premier again now?) has a maximum vertical lift (gap between the rollers) of 160mm - so no way is 8" (203mm) ever going to fit. I think it is the age old problem of man claiming to have more in his hands than is actually the case!!! The vertical lift on the TW 190 goes over 200mm.

Richard Marshall.

PS - Welcome back to the old world of chippers Craig and the new world of forums!!!

Hi Richard, looking forward to catching up at the Arb Fair, I think the first drink should be on you.... however, I also think that my German beer is better (yes my German beer is better than British brewed beer), so I will have them chilled and ready !!!:thumbup1:

If you ask the wife I am sure she will agree I claim to have more in my hand but schliesing (or yes we can call them Premier again), TRUE feed diameters are as follow:

105 = 140mm (5.5inch) x 200mm (7.9inch) sold as 12cm

200 = 165mm (6.5inch) x 240mm (9.4inch) sold as 15cm

220 = 190mm (7.5inch) x 240mm (9.4inch) sold as 16cm

235 = 210mm (8.3inch) x 240mm (9.4inch) sold as 18cm

To all other, Richard and I have discussed on many occassions having a stand at an exhibition where all chippers are in a row and a true lickness test can be done, unfortunately it would seem that Timberwolf and schliesing, or Premier are the only two willing to do such tests, I wonder why? :confused1:

At the end of the day as Craig has said, there is a place for all machines in the market, well maybe not ALL. As others have said it is also a personal thing and yes the big one of all, costs...... without going into a sales pitch, because this is a discussion forum, initial costs and life time costs are two different things and without being rude I think we all know that.

Scott Wilkie

schliesing GmbH & Co. oHG