Look what I found today!

ecotreecare

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good luck to them, looks like a personal use crop. ironic how history changes, it was illegal not to grow it at one point until the tobacco giants pressured politicians to make it illegal. well so i read, I've never used it but would prefer someone on weed than drink when working clubs, drink always made them want to argue :001_rolleyes::001_smile:

As far as I'm aware it was Herbert Anslinger who was backed by DuPont ( makers of synthetic fabric......and GoreTex) who got it made illegal in the 30's.

Hemp is an amazing plant with a myriad of used. It's a shame it has THC in it in a way (the bit that gets you stoned) as it would be very widely grown. Its everyone's loss that it isn't legal.

As far as I'm aware it was Herbert Anslinger who was backed by DuPont ( makers of synthetic fabric......and GoreTex) who got it made illegal in the 30's.

Hemp is an amazing plant with a myriad of used. It's a shame it has THC in it in a way (the bit that gets you stoned) as it would be very widely grown. Its everyone's loss that it isn't legal.

Absoloutely! My better half's parents' house is made from hemp. We call it the weetabix house. Great building material, and a myriad of other uses.

Im sure they grow hemp which doesnt get you stoned its grown for industrial purposes. When we were kids out hunting we came across a field of it, my cousin was running around jumping up and down thinking it was cannabis god knows how much he smoked before he finally gave in haha

Trouble with that is dealers still nick it and flog it on!

There was a large field of it grown near Wisley a few years ago, 6 to 8 foot tall.

People soon realised it was the rope and linen variety, looked the same though, not quite as big as in this field of it in France.

330px-La_Roche_Jagu_chanvre_1.JPG

H-A