Tractor Hydraulic Winch

monkeybusiness

Hi Monkeybusiness, EA use Ulrich winches but they normally have an extra hydraulic pump and tank fitted to the front as the 10t ones need a large flow rate. the 15t ones are the same. I worked for the EA and use to drive them. They would pull like a train and were great to work with. we had plasma rope on the one I ran. made light work but we worked on three jobs and then had to replace the rope. £1500 a pop.

Hi Nick - thanks for the info. I had been told pretty much the same by a fella with an ex-EA Ulrich for sale (very nice winch, but well over £5k without the pump and tank!)...

I am hoping the Ulrich I have sourced will run OK off my tractor's hydraulics - it is fitted with PowerBeyond which is (apparently, although I have not used it myself yet) a high flow, high pressure on demand hydraulic supply over and above what the spools send out. I am certain that the tractor will supply enough pressure to run the winch, but the flow may be a bit slow - slow winching won't really be a problem for my application as it is not going to be used for production forestry. That's what forestry winches are for!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Nick - thanks for the info. I had been told pretty much the same by a fella with an ex-EA Ulrich for sale (very nice winch, but well over £5k without the pump and tank!)...

I am hoping the Ulrich I have sourced will run OK off my tractor's hydraulics - it is fitted with PowerBeyond which is (apparently, although I have not used it myself yet) a high flow, high pressure on demand hydraulic supply over and above what the spools send out. I am certain that the tractor will supply enough pressure to run the winch, but the flow may be a bit slow - slow winching won't really be a problem for my application as it is not going to be used for production forestry. That's what forestry winches are for!

HI MONKEY your 150hp tractor will power a winch mate with thanks jon :thumbup:

HI MONKEY your 150hp tractor will power a winch mate with thanks jon :thumbup:

I'm sure you are right John - the only thing that concerns me (and it is only slightly) is that the EA Ulrich winch that initially got my onto the idea was mounted on a big modern John Deere but was set up running off its own PTO driven pump. I suppose that the EA approach doesn't have budgetary constraints though - if money wasn't an issue then that would be the ultimate solution in reality!

I'm sure you are right John - the only thing that concerns me (and it is only slightly) is that the EA Ulrich winch that initially got my onto the idea was mounted on a big modern John Deere but was set up running off its own PTO driven pump. I suppose that the EA approach doesn't have budgetary constraints though - if money wasn't an issue then that would be the ultimate solution in reality!

Hi MONKEY there was EA winch for not that long ago have a look on the net mate thanks Jon

is the rear pto busy as if not you could always run a pump on that and run the lines to the front with a cable operated spool block if not im sure you can get crank shaft operated auxillary pumps i recall some forestry cranes use the possibly kelsa ?

is the rear pto busy as if not you could always run a pump on that and run the lines to the front with a cable operated spool block if not im sure you can get crank shaft operated auxillary pumps i recall some forestry cranes use the possibly kelsa ?

HI MATE your right there mate could do it that way BUT i seen a EA winch on the net for sale 15toner thanks jon :thumbup:

HI MONKEY you need a very large oil pump mate here goes ULRICH H1000 LINKAGE WINCH performance data based on 160l/min at 180bar bare line pull 10064kgs 17.m/min full drum pull 7554kgs 23m/min they need more power then just run the tractor you will have go PTO DRIVEN with a tank to thanks ALL DATA TAKEN OFF ULRICH SITE THANKS JON