Hens teeth wanted

Saw turned up today badly packed, basically in a box rattling around. It was in a hell of a state with packed in saw dust and oil so I dug it out with screwdriver and blew it with the airline. That took an hour! Took carb apart and could see nothing wrong there even the mesh screen inside was spotless. I reset it to 3/4 on top end.......... or fully open with that stupid restricter thing and 1 turn on the L jet. I washed out the tank with petrol reset the knackered looking plug and fired it up. After a fettle with the L screw/jet it idles perfect and revs like a goodun :) Oil pump is working to.

Just need that carving bar and chain now :thumbup:

The plastic side thingy that holds all the brake gubbens is slightly warped but the brake still works fine.

ms200.jpg.54587936df8ff3371ff1889785a46289.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good find then! I sold my old M180 on ebay recently as non-working, didnt run properly, would not hold revs, surged and died as i tried to use it, oiler was not oiling (despite hours of cleaning and stuff) plus a few other problems like the starter not engaging with the flywheel etc. Sold for 70-odd quid (plus 20 postage and i did actually spend 19.50 on postage, i hate people who con you on postage) and the buyer seemed happy. But before i sold it i cleaned the thing up, was v clean when i sent it, carefully wrapped.

now i have space to get another saw :)

just cant decide if i want a 170 plus the new samurai carving bar or a BIG saw.

Sounds like you did well with the 180.

The MS200 I just got is a good deal for a 200 but not cheap. £147 inc delivery with no bar or chain or fuel cap. I was not to worried about a bar as I intend to use it for carving only so will be buying a ??? whatever bar and chain. One thing I was surprised about is the amount of compression this little saw has, flippin loads!

ref getting a big saw, I have the MS260 as well which is not big but a great saw I wouldn't be without it. I also have the use of a big Husky, cant remember what one off the top of my head but the bar is about 28-30" or more.

Nice 1 that was a touch it running after looking at the state of it in your pic.

The side casing your talking about is fairly cheap on eBay and the chain brake an easy change over. It's always nice when done because the main body's always clean up nicely, once you've got the new bar, chain and sprocket sorted it would almost feel like new.

Also the reason you feel decent compression is because its in most peoples opinion the best small saw ever made they're built to take an absolute battering by most of monkeys.

Thank you gents I have a bar etc on order from Rob:

Oregon carving full feature 1/4 .050 68 drive links

Sugi light type dime tip 12" 1/4 .050 68 drive links

Stihl spur sprocket 1/4 x8 tooth

£40 for a new side case may have to wait especially if the one on it works and it's an aesthetic issue.

That hens teeth picture BTW was just wrong! funny but wrong.