Ring barking

ballibeg

I had the commission try and prosecute me back in 2010 for ring barking trees in a garden apparently 20 trees makes a wood whether they are in a garden or not, luckily they had similar stuff published and after about 6 weeks they dropped it but the council put tpo's on all the remaining trees they ignored the fact some of the trees were liable to blow and 3 months later an oak smashed 2x 50ft greenhouses.

Dont need a felling license to fell dead trees :)

I am gonna try this. The FC wont give me a licence to slective fell trees across my 30 acre wood, so i can make rides. I suspect a little work with an axe might be in order. Mind you, its about 400cu m we would be talking about, so not exactly subtle!

Dont need a felling license to fell dead trees :)

I am gonna try this. The FC wont give me a licence to slective fell trees across my 30 acre wood, so i can make rides. I suspect a little work with an axe might be in order. Mind you, its about 400cu m we would be talking about, so not exactly subtle!

Cheers, quite interesting fact to know! :001_smile:

I had the commission try and prosecute me back in 2010 for ring barking trees in a garden apparently 20 trees makes a wood whether they are in a garden or not, luckily they had similar stuff published and after about 6 weeks they dropped it but the council put tpo's on all the remaining trees they ignored the fact some of the trees were liable to blow and 3 months later an oak smashed 2x 50ft greenhouses.

I empathise here Lognstuff... having worked alongside civil servants for more than 25yrs I found that they insulate themselves into the pockets of responsibility given to them. They crave for a better office (with an upgrade of office furniture and windows), and the extra [Power] responsibility given to them with that position.

One of the reasons I was happy to extract myself from the Uk system. :001_tongue::001_tongue::001_tongue:

I think firewood sales manages to work outside the "system" at the moment only because it's something they [desk bound control jockeys] can't get total control over.

[Logsnstuff...sorry we had that earlier altercation over Tonnes/Tons. Seems you are one of the good guys on the forum.]

Regards

Stephen (watching the hailstones coming down outside in his shorts:thumbup1:]

So if there's enough trees in a garden the exemption for the requirement of a felling licence isn't applicable ?:confused1: