Re Vehicle mounted or towable MEWP

New Boy

We hire the tool for the job. If we have several days of roadside lifting a transit mewp does the job. Anyone can drive it. quick to set up and break down. All the signs and cones fit in the back. Very versatile. Off road or back garden a tracked does the job. It's the same as anything.

Sometimes a transit and chipper will do for a job and sometimes you need much bigger.

Sometimes a 261 will do others you might consider an 88.

There's always something the kit you have won't do.

Look at what you do the most of and go that route.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys, great pictures, guess my next question is what should i expect to pay, though i am sure the price relates to height and quality. What models would you recommend please and lastly does anyone know of any dealership that would be willing to allow finance payments (with deposit) rather than payment outright?

Thanks

New Boy

I would shy away from or at least get a second opinion before getting finance direct from the supplier.

I typically use these guys, as I've known them for a while and Chris is really straight. If he thinks the deal from the supplier is a good one he'll tell you.

He also does all sorts of asset finance, re-finance and business growth loans.

Top bloke

Asset Finance Solutions & Commercial Mortgages | NGI Finance

I know that the truck or Landy ones at the moment have rocketed up in price due to the regulations for Scottish & Southern electric contractors changing. It seems even something that doesn't involve lots of people have made them much more expensive the last few months!!! Mad world we live in!! We've got two land rover mewps and they're great, but for me tracked can't be beaten. Even the Land rovers struggle to get to certain places.

Growing old disgracefully :-)

Sam

Can I put a different view on mewp, have you thight about a teleporter with an aerial platform

my machine has an 15m out reach upto 10m height then arch back to 30 full height, becausethe basket is at the end of the head stock you can rotate around an 9m radius therefore going round corners or through the canopy at height, no other machine can do this, other things you can do is once the tree is down you can lift the whole trunk on to a trailer as the teleporter can lift 4 tons so no more slabing the trunk on site, tow a trailer behind teleporter,

as the teleporter is only 8ft wide and its legs don't putdown a foot print any wider than machine if you can get machine inyou cn set up, also because its on tyres with crab stearing you can get machine in some realy tight spaces without screwing the ground up

all the tree surgeons that have used my machine can't believe the reach and versatility of this machine

5976685a0d166_RobertMiles3-2.jpg.d4cdae6cdc88052fe1a9681d7d8862c2.jpg

5976685a081d5_RobertMiles2-2.jpg.8e67ffe377da35d1133f1129cb95c80b.jpg