Green Mech Arb 150 v's Forst ST6

Will C

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have now had a demo of both machines :biggrin: We had a very hard decision to decide if we should go green or orange:001_huh:

We were very impressed with the quiteness of the green mech and the lightness is a bonus when you have to manhandle it into a narrow drive way on a hill but i was worried if the weight had been lost to robustness. Having a turbo on the machine means more time needs to be given to cool it down than a non turbo engine.

The forst was built like a tank, not going to fall apart in a hurry. It munched everything we saw thrown at it quicker and had no turbo to allow to cool. You can also carry fuel cans/climbing gear etc in the hopper of the forst but the green mech tailboard seemed to short to trust stuff being left in there on the rough isle of wight roads.

We came over to the mainland to see another forst as the only one on the island has got a one off hopper on it and i didnt like that so wanted to see a proper one and that made all the difference to it being the machine for us :thumbup:

A Big Thanks to Matt from Redwood for picking us up from the boat to show us the machines with a proper hopper on and all the guys whose machines we saw,:thumbup1: It was also good to see the factory while we were on the mainland, and nice to see where the machine comes from :thumbup:

And we mustn't forget the greenmech dealers for all their assistance and help too. It had got so close we could almost of tossed a coin on it. Which we weren't expecting to be the case.

We had a whole list of pros and cons to both machines and we wanted to be sure of our decision, like many others we can't afford to mess up!

Thank you to everyone who assisted us, we now look forward to receiving our new orange toy! :thumbup: And some sleep not thinking about chippers!

Edited by Will C

Ic trees, today we only had conifer to put thru the forst, as you already have one, can you tell me how does it handle bushy stuff like hawthorn or vine? I am guessing it just grabs it and pulls it thru does it?

Handles bushy stuff great, basically if it will fit through the hole it will take it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Arbtalk mobile app