They came back for seconds

At some point after 8:30pm last night, our yard was broken into again - fortunately this time they couldn't drive in because of the bollards so instead they broke into our 7.5 tonner, hitched up to the firewood processor, dragged it along the yard so they could try and get out acrsoo the field, tipping it over in the process (1.5 tonnes of machine landing on it's bendy bits). Then they drove the lorry out across the field and tried to drive downa steep grass bank (through the fence and over the hedge) and ended up bellied out and stuck) The lorry had part of a fast tow trailer loaded onto it still when the police got there but still trying to work out if anything has actually gone yet.

Even if nothing has gone we've still got a totalled processor (brand new, not even demoed), no lorry (don't know if it's written off or fixable yet - forensics took it away), and more damage to repair around the yard.

Seems whatever you do you can't keep em out :thumbdown:

Just found out that one of the neighbours, a groundcare company had all of their Quads stolen last night - seems they came for our Lorry to take them all away on :scared1:

I was amazed how far they got the lorry across the field - if it hadn't been quite so long they'd have probably got it onto the road but fortunately the drop was steep enough to belly it good and proper - I wasn't there when the police recovered it but apparently it took some pulling.

We've tried all sorts of systems but they all depend on someone getting there quickly, by the time you've jumped out of bed, rang the police and jumped in the car they'll probably be long gone - the only reason anyone knew this was happening was coz the lorry looked like it had been crashed and was left with all the lights on and that attracted some attention.

I don't want to tempt fate Blaster, but not all parts of the UK are like that.

Thats bad news Chris, IMO we need a complete overhaul of our criminal justice system. If they did catch these guys I'll bet you'd find they have been in trouble before and either let off lightly or not even prosecuted. They should be locked up already.

the justice system just dont work! for example were i live a lad broke in to 70 cars in one day sat navs laptops car stereos any thing he could get! the police caught him and the judge let him off! i think its all messed up how smack heads get away with every thing!!!!!! how f****D up is that