What effect would scottish independence have on the UK tree industry?

daltontrees

We have second biggest parliament IN THE WORLD

Only China is bigger

But then China is 20 times bigger than the UK so they have some justification

I live in Wales

I have parish council, county council, welsh assembly, uk parlament , eec parliament, I also have joy of contributing to the cost of running the royal family, who seem to be an alternative government in waiting.....

i have met "representatives" from every levell & Frankly they are all crap

If we met once a week in village hall, the village could sort 95% of what needs doing ......at a tenth of the cost

I'd vote to bin the lot, if Scotland can walk away with their assets and no debts they would be stupid not to go for it.....

They can't, they have to take their % of the deficit.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nonsense! If scots taxes have been paying towards scottish infrastructure for 300 years, why will the FUK own the infrastructure it didn't pay for? What's it going to do, chop faslane off, float it down the west coast and weld it to wales? Personally |I quite like the idea of Britains prime military trget being a bit further away, even if it is closer to the population centres that benefit from it and paid for it.

I think your use of the word 'fact' is erroneous. If there is a Yes vote all preconceptions and assumptions will have to be set aside as part of a negotiated and legally binding separation agreement.

We would become the RUK, not the FUK, we will be the Remaining United Kingdom, we will not cease as a UK just because Scotland leaves.

Nonsense! If scots taxes have been paying towards scottish infrastructure for 300 years, why will the FUK own the infrastructure it didn't pay for? What's it going to do, chop faslane off, float it down the west coast and weld it to wales? Personally |I quite like the idea of Britains prime military trget being a bit further away, even if it is closer to the population centres that benefit from it and paid for it.

I think your use of the word 'fact' is erroneous. If there is a Yes vote all preconceptions and assumptions will have to be set aside as part of a negotiated and legally binding separation agreement.

do keep up:laugh1: the uk is keeping the uk debt which also means the assets, why do you think mad alex wants part of this debt? the uk has supported scotland for the last 300 years

you do know referendum is not legally binding?

and still no answer how you are going to join the eu? spain will never agree

I find it very hard to take all this seriously, before the crash Salmond was pointing at Iceland and Ireland, shouting about how Scotland would be like them and how great the Euro was, that looks a bit silly now.

Scotland is screaming for independence but they are desperate to get into the EU???

I think many Scots hate the English, they have huge chips on their shoulders and thats what this is all about.

This nonsense about Westminster not representing them is just that nonsense, Politicians don't represent their people, I would have more in common with some hill farmer in the Highlands than either of us have with Cameron or Salmond, lets not help these idiots play their silly games.

Edited by skyhuck

This nonsense about Westminster not representing them is just that nonsense, Politicians don't represent their people, I would have more in common with some hill farmer in the Highlands than either of us have with Cameron or Salmond, lets not help these idiots play their silly games.

Spot on.

Never been to Westminster or indeed London in my life (an overnight stop at Gatwick doesn't count) but I could be at the gates of Stormont in less than half an hour, indeed I could be at the front door of my local council in less than five minutes. Yet I don't feel in the slightest bit more connected with any one of them more than the other.

If it would save a few quid to improve the health service a bit I'd happily see local government and devolved administrations all axed and run the heap from Westminster (or Dublin should that day come). No need for EU above it either, one tier of government is all that any country requires if done correctly, the rest is just job creation.

Edited by wrsni

I find it very hard to take all this seriously, before the crash Salmond was pointing at Iceland and Ireland, shouting about how Scotland would be like them and how great the Euro was, that looks a bit silly now.

Scotland is screaming for independence but they are desperate to get into the EU???

I think many Scots hate the English, they have huge chips on their shoulders and thats what this is all about.

+1 nearly every person i meet in the highlands is either english or polish, very few scots

its the Irish scots based in Glasgow seem to be the only people that want this vote

its not real independence they are voting for

Spot on.

Never been to Westminster or indeed London in my life (an overnight stop at Gatwick doesn't count) but I could be at the gates of Stormont in less than half an hour, indeed I could be at the front door of my local council in less than five minutes. Yet I don't feel in the slightest bit more connected with any one of them more than the other.

If it would save a few quid to improve the health service a bit I'd happily see local government and devolved administrations all axed and run the heap from Westminster (or Dublin should that day come). No need for EU above it either, one tier of government is all that any country requires if done correctly, the rest is just job creation.

I agree we are desperate for LESS GOVERNMENT but I did work "in the city" in London for three years

The people are incapable of being straight, or doing anything " without taking a turn " and continually feel they can " blag their way through " so in my book not fit to run anything

Problem is London sees itself as " head office " and the rest of us as underlings who are subserviant to them.....

This attitude runs through the whole bloodyplace

E.g. No-one gave a damm about floods in Somerset, but when they reached home counties the army called out immediately ......... Sorry but Not fit to be on the team