Some customers are un real.. Its Monday ha!

Acg128

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was working at one place and the neighbour asked me to quote on a similar silver birch set in his front lawn, "one thing theres a TPO on it" really........ so I contacted the Council Tree Dept, "please state the % of the reduction you plan to do" I walked away from that one, life is just to short.

Quoted to remove a big ish sycamore over 4 gardens. Dealing with one client.

I explained it was awkward, the sequence we would do it etc. and said she woul liaise with the other interested parties.

I never heard back and forgot all about it.

A couple of months later she phoned me to price up 'finishing it off'.

I asked what she meant and she said something like..

'One of the other people thought your price was too expensive so she got someone else in. We paid them in advance when they turned up and asked for the money. They took the top off then the man in the tree cut his arm and was rushed to hospital in an ambulance. They all ran off and have never come back'

Wow said yours truly - I'll come and have a look.

As the 'economy-merchants' had removed the best anchor points to start with I explained that it would cost just as much to finish it as it would have been to do it properly in the first place.

They agreed in the end and we did the job. I believe the original 'tree man' has now given up tree work as he lost the use of his arm (the cut was 75% through).

Still.... go for the cheap option and you MIGHT save a few quid.

I was working at one place and the neighbour asked me to quote on a similar silver birch set in his front lawn, "one thing theres a TPO on it" really........ so I contacted the Council Tree Dept, "please state the % of the reduction you plan to do" I walked away from that one, life is just to short.

Would have thought that's the sort of thing you would get a yes to over the phone after answering there question..

Now my experience of chainsaws only came about as an extension of my fishing, as such, I guess 90+% of my tree work has been at lakes. I remember one water I had associations with asked me to pop down and remove a tree for them. So, the following Saturday saw me at the lake inspecting the tree. well it was sat at about 45 degrees over the lake, so I said to them I'd have to drop it bit by bit, and knowing the lack of any decent assistance I would get, told them it would take a couple of days.

They were a bit alarmed by this, and said they wanted it straight down as they didn't want to lose the money they would gain from a whole weekend without anyone paying for the swim. (day ticket water) After telling them again that that was the hard way to do it, they started talking about getting a bow saw out to take it down. So, not wanting someone to kill himself with a bow saw and a widow maker combo, I told them I'd do it the next day, but they would have to remove the tree from the lake after felling.

Sunday morning saw me drop the tree, and as expected, (especially with the gob I cut) it went straight across the swim. I packed away my kit and left them to it.

7 foot margins and thigh waders don't mix, especially when your trying to lift an 18 inch butt out of the water. It stayed there for three months, and I never got told how to remove a tree by them again. Result.:thumbup: In that three months, they didn't get a penny from that swim, as no-one could fish it...:lol::lol::lol: