MEWP Usage

David Humphries

in short - Nope

Would 1000 hours of driving an artic lorry entitle you to drive one and for your insurance to be valid lol

In short yes, my dad never took an HGV test, yet he has driven class one all his life.

We are talking about a BASIC competence test here, you can't just change the goal posts and expect everyone to jump.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
In short yes, my dad never took an HGV test, yet he has driven class one all his life.

We are talking about a BASIC competence test here, you can't just change the goal posts and expect everyone to jump.

And in which year did your dad start to drive a HGV and in which year did he stop ? .

I think the biggest reason behind the idea of making everyone jump was to cut down on the number of fool having daft accidents :001_rolleyes:

It also gives them a false sense of security thinking they are fully qualified so are competent to carry out any task.

It's utter bollox, this is the reason we see so many college leavers involved in accidents.

My groundy had only just started climbing properly and hes been with me nearly 4 years, there's years of experience to learn on the deck before getting up a tree.

I also think it is highly irresponsible for someone to be let loose in a mewp as complex as mine after attending a mornings course on how to operate one ffs

It also gives them a false sense of security thinking they are fully qualified so are competent to carry out any task.

It's utter bollox, this is the reason we see so many college leavers involved in accidents.

My groundy had only just started climbing properly and hes been with me nearly 4 years, there's years of experience to learn on the deck before getting up a tree.

I also think it is highly irresponsible for someone to be let loose in a mewp as complex as mine after attending a mornings course on how to operate one ffs

There Dean is where the problem is - You feel its utter bollox ! a great way to portray your self and the industry for anyone who wishes to have a look on here !

Where do you get the idea that the course is only a morning ? Ahhhh i see you would think that because you have not been on one your self . Do you have anyone trained to bring your mewp down in the event you have an accident ?