Navara D40 Owners

Daniel Jiggins

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What model do you have Steve ? Any problems?

its a tenka, and no problems, although it is still fairly new. Had my last one for 3 years with no problems.

Your opening post mentioning transmition problems...there are no major issues that i'm aware of, I think you are probably referring to the former D22 which there are known problems with

No, D22 was engine problems mostly. Early D40s including mine had an issue with the rear axle. Basically a breather would become blocked, and then once it got hot it would blow one of the hub seals out. The axle would then run dry and obviously wear out very quickly. I had the seals done on mine and changed the breathers. Newer models are not affected.

mine is great, i have the aventura model,it has the usual gadgets but the only thing it has not got is a headphone jack to plug your ipod into. does anyone know if you can get one fitted? it also has a 6 speed gearbox, as normal 5 speed trucks are revving quite hard on the motorways i think

Edited by Samuel

Was definitely the D40 that was from a service manager at Glyn Hopkin will check exactly what he said and post back, He initially put me off but Navara seems the best driving truck I've tried.

Daniel I have a 2010 plate Tekna in grey with low mileage full spec, was thinking about upgrading so if you're interested give me a shout and ill give it a wash.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

mine is great, i have the aventura model,it has the usual gadgets but the only thing it has not got is a headphone jack to plug your ipod into. does anyone know if you can get one fitted? it also has a 6 speed gearbox, as normal 5 speed trucks are revving quite hard on the motorways i think

Not easily as far as I know, the audio system is integrated with the satnav/climate contro, etc and gets very expensive if you start tinkering with it.

It wouldn't surprise me if Big J pops up in a bit; he's had a somewhat unfortunate experience with his Nav but he's been very unlucky with it, so much so that I think a free replacement a long time ago was in order. I feel for you Jonathan and quite see your point of view; you won't be buying another Nav!

Jon

Very true - I wouldn't have another. Though I did get a comedy phone call on Sunday from the marketing department of the local Nissan garage. He'd seen that it was nearly 3 years old with 57k on the clock thought that he'd give me a call to see if I wanted a new one. He clearly hadn't look at the other 27 jobs in the service history.

In brief:

* It's left me stranded three times in limp home mode. Towing a trailer means that you effectively can't move.

* It's been to the garage 28 times for defects.

* It has had replaced or faults with: All glow plugs (3 times), fuel rail, fuel pump, heater matrix (4 day job), front prop shaft, transfer box sensors, wheel bearing, door seal, screen wash filler spout, had engine control unit reprogrammed, it's run on three cylinders, the temperature gauge works only sometimes, it clunks heavily from the front right and rattles from the front left but the garage can't find the fault. There will be more, I just can't remember it at the moment!

Personally, I'd get a Hilux. Bit more cramped (I'm 6ft 8" too), but I'm sure something could be done with the seat rails.

J

Very true - I wouldn't have another. Though I did get a comedy phone call on Sunday from the marketing department of the local Nissan garage. He'd seen that it was nearly 3 years old with 57k on the clock thought that he'd give me a call to see if I wanted a new one. He clearly hadn't look at the other 27 jobs in the service history.

In brief:

* It's left me stranded three times in limp home mode. Towing a trailer means that you effectively can't move.

* It's been to the garage 28 times for defects.

* It has had replaced or faults with: All glow plugs (3 times), fuel rail, fuel pump, heater matrix (4 day job), front prop shaft, transfer box sensors, wheel bearing, door seal, screen wash filler spout, had engine control unit reprogrammed, it's run on three cylinders, the temperature gauge works only sometimes, it clunks heavily from the front right and rattles from the front left but the garage can't find the fault. There will be more, I just can't remember it at the moment!

Personally, I'd get a Hilux. Bit more cramped (I'm 6ft 8" too), but I'm sure something could be done with the seat rails.

J

You sure ended up with a bad one!! Only thing thats ever gone on mine was something to do with the aircon which caused a leak in the passenger side....fixed on warranty...actually the same thing happened on both of mine