Navara D40 Owners

Daniel Jiggins

Don't do it - everyone I've personally spoken to has had no end of issues with the Navara. If you work it properly (heavy towing/off road/both), it's not a case of if it will let you down, it's when.

You've had a bad truck by the sounds of it and its a shame nissan haven't dealt with it better but your above statement is wrong with my experience of navaras.

7yrs and 168k and it NEVER let me down. It worked its nuts off towing and with plenty of offroad work. It had many a battle scar to prove it!

A mate has x6 navaras for his environmental company and he swears by them. Many of them have 200k+ miles and get driven hard!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've had a bad truck by the sounds of it and its a shame nissan haven't dealt with it better but your above statement is wrong with my experience of navaras.

7yrs and 168k and it NEVER let me down. It worked its nuts off towing and with plenty of offroad work. It had many a battle scar to prove it!

A mate has x6 navaras for his environmental company and he swears by them. Many of them have 200k+ miles and get driven hard!

Whilst I appreciate that I have been unlucky, I would argue that you and your friend have been lucky. I know three farmers locally who've had major work done (and quite frequently too) and a friend in the Highlands (with a Hilux, purchased at the same time, 10k more mileage, no issues) has heard the same.

I don't know what else to say really. I realise that the choice is tricky now, and Navaras are very cheap. I'd just think about something else.

Don't do it - everyone I've personally spoken to has had no end of issues with the Navara. If you work it properly (heavy towing/off road/both), it's not a case of if it will let you down, it's when.

I've had navaras for past 12 years pulling full weight trailers and never had any major issues. The only problem ive had with my current 2010 model is the heating takes forever to warm up and clear window screen, been back to main dealer but they say nothing more they can do, other than that all good.

I've had navaras for past 12 years pulling full weight trailers and never had any major issues. The only problem ive had with my current 2010 model is the heating takes forever to warm up and clear window screen, been back to main dealer but they say nothing more they can do, other than that all good.

That's heater matrix. Almost certain of it. My Navara got sent back to me, nothing wrong, before they realised that the heater matrix was kaput. Also occurred with the local farm managers truck. It's a very expensive job.

That's heater matrix. Almost certain of it. My Navara got sent back to me, nothing wrong, before they realised that the heater matrix was kaput. Also occurred with the local farm managers truck. It's a very expensive job.

That's Glyn Hopkin Nissan for you I took it back when it was under warranty and they had it for a day said they'd tested it and it met all the minimum requirements but certainly not as good as my last Nissan, really pissed me off.

That's Glyn Hopkin Nissan for you I took it back when it was under warranty and they had it for a day said they'd tested it and it met all the minimum requirements but certainly not as good as my last Nissan, really pissed me off.

It's a difficult and expensive job because they have to take the entire dash out to get to it. It was around Christmas 2011 that it just stopped clearing the windscreen. It got to the point where it was actually blowing steam - massive coolant leak into the heater matrix. I'd told them when it first started that I was getting flakes of what appeared to be egg shell blue paint coming out of the heater vents. It turns out it was dessicated coolant.

Put mine in for a clutch Monday needs fly wheel also another £250.. Ask them to do rear brakes as hand brakes no good and the n/s half shaft seal has gone and leaked diff oil into the drum hence no handbrake £680 plus vat!! Luckily managed to source a new one for £313 all in. Anyone know of this is a common fault? Hope the o/s hold out.

We have two at work..

Always something wrong with them and the chassis rust too.

Whilest giving the impression of being comfortable, when pressed the suspension is uncomfortable and poorly controlled.

For instance, with an empty trailer when travelling over concrete motorway sections, the rear suspension bounces in a most uncomfortable and persistent manner which shakes your guts terribly.

I don't rate these vehicles very much.

Cheap motors dressed up in my opinion...

Mine made a noise like the tail gate falling open and the logs coming out on the A414 the other day. Then it sounded like a bit of trim flapping around underneath for the rest of the journey home.

garage cant find anything wrong. Any ideas?

New diff seals this week too.

One of our does this now,but only on lock. I suspect the diff....