Help with Petrol/Hydraulic Logsplitter

FozeFirewood

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like the relief valve to me. When I built mine bought a 16gpm pump off ebay. Kept stalling the 10hp motor. Took off the pump and tried an old one off of a potato harvester. Worked a treat. Sent original back and was told that the relief valve was faulty. Received a new one works a treat. Check your spool valve is piped correctly

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the advice. To clarify:

The engine does not cut out when on. It only cuts out if you take the ram all the way in or then push it out all the way. It also cuts out if it encounters wood(!) almost like its scared of the stuff!

The bloke who sold it said that if I fit a new Hi Lo pump from flowfit, it should work. Is this correct? As I don't want to throw more money at it. It has a Honda Engine, starts first/second time, 8.5hp. Engine seems fine. I can't tell what pump it has on it, although I think the make is Ultra.

Pics to follow.

IMAG0508.jpg.1a10e7466a7a75474e0b3e4cddb1764e.jpg

IMAG0507.jpg.333c0bc469f58b744ddda7fc3a5d5fcc.jpg

IMAG0506.jpg.ce3f6e8c6cf40d52d08d98311265f64a.jpg

IMAG0505.jpg.bd3af668ec0d75b2a60cd0d749a4d2fa.jpg

IMAG0504.jpg.56591d80f2c1fe297c4037f6fa2032c5.jpg

in the first picture on the control block there is a cap on the far left take it off there will be a screw underneath adjust it 2-3 turns anti clockwise see if that helps but before you do that does it do it at any attempt to split as it sounds like the pump is far too big for the hp available or the engine is bolloxed

Edited by Breezeblock

Sounds like the relief valve to me. When I built mine bought a 16gpm pump off ebay. Kept stalling the 10hp motor. Took off the pump and tried an old one off of a potato harvester. Worked a treat. Sent original back and was told that the relief valve was faulty. Received a new one works a treat. Check your spool valve is piped correctly

its a gear pump the relief is on the block