PL insurance for a freelance climber/arborist??

Tom Mabbutt

Hi everyone,

I'm a little bit confused. I've been trawling previous posts trying to find out whether I, a subbie arb/climber need to get PL cover.

I'm hired on a day to day basis and I don't (yet) acquire and price my own jobs (still trying to get my own set up). I'm starting to dip in with more and more companies now.

Was chatting to a prospective client and he was questioning whether I had PL, which got me thinking.

Am I covered by the PL insurance of the contractor I'm working for? Or do I also need to have my own PL cover to also be covered by his/her cover? (As I believe I read another post?)

Or do they need to have specific sub-contractor cover for me to be covered?

Sorry I couldn't figure this one out from other posts.

I am confused.com :confused1:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was confused when I first started out. I spoke to the companies I sub contract for and they said I'm covered under their insurance.

If your doing your own jobs with your name on the quote then you need pl insurance when undertaking the work

Just add one more thing, if you do break something try your best to sort it out yourself, I was stump grinding for a company and a roge stone bounced up off a wall and cracked a window, £50 later it was all sorted. It puts you in good light

If and when you decide to get PL, it won't hurt to look at Arborisk. Just changed cover from another company to Arborisk and found the whole process easy to complete and affordable.

Thanks go to Scott, if only everything was this straight forward.

Russ

Edited by Hobbsurf

• 2 weeks later...